We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Benchmarx Nordica Nightmare

Options
13»

Comments

• Meepster
    Meepster Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    Options
    Boots26 wrote: »
    Thanks Meepster, your knowledge has been very helpful even if some of your truths are hard to swallow especially with how much it costs to manufacture against what I paid. I am in the process of arranging an expert inspection through the Furniture Ombudsman.
    Again thanks

Well I hope they can find in your favour!

Do you know exactly how much each door is? Or is it priced up as a complete cabinet? Do bear in mind that the manufacturer has to make profit and so do Benchmarx. Just because it only costs so much to produce, you have to factor in packaging, handling and delivery costs and VAT.
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

• Boots26
    Boots26 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Well after a lot of emails my wife and I have to decided to move on from this bad experience.
    The cost of experts and possibly court litigation, the money could be spent elsewhere as we are doing a lot of work in our house.
    If Benchmarx had have been members of the Furniture Ombudsman I would have perused it, but they are not.
    If I could give recommendations to anyone reading it would be to go with a company who is a memnber of the Furniture Ombudsman and also go with a well established independent, having been to a few now and spoke to them the service seems better and the quality of the kitchens look better. I always assumed that they would be out of my price range but until you talk to them you will never know.
    I still don’t believe that having the ceiling skimmed is the cause to my problems but it give them the excuse they needed.
    I have been to some Wickes stores who are the same company as Benchmarx and same supplier and I have pictures of some of the doors in the showroom bowing too.
    I would avoid the Nordica range (Benchmarx) and Intelliga range (Wickes)

Thanks for the advice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family