Which companies are included in comparisons?

Options
sevenhills
sevenhills Posts: 5,922 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
I have just recommended my local councils prefered energy supplier to an old(91) relative.

http://www.whiteroseenergy.co.uk/

Its a not for profit company. Are these companies included in the comparison sites.

Comments

• wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 September 2018 at 1:53PM
    Options
    sevenhills wrote: »
    I have just recommended my local councils prefered energy supplier to an old(91) relative.

http://www.whiteroseenergy.co.uk/

Its a not for profit company. Are these companies included in the comparison sites.

Yes, but it worries me greatly that you didn't bother to check yourself, so presumably have no idea how much your recommendation will cost your 91 yo relative.:eek:

Whilst their website does indeed stste they are a not for profit company set up by Leeds City Council for households across the Yorkshire & Humber regions , their website alos indicates they hope to make a margin ;)

White Rose Energy is a brand owned by Leeds City Council and operated under regulated licence by Robin Hood Energy Limited

You can find more feedback on this supplier here:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5542206
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,922 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    wavelets wrote: »
    Yes, but it worries me greatly that you didn't bother to check yourself, so presumably have no idea how much your recommendation will cost your 91 yo relative.:eek:

He is very pleased, they have quoted him a monthly payment less than half what his old supplier was charging(EDF), and he was in credit.

Now I am worried :D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sevenhills wrote: »
    He is very pleased, they have quoted him a monthly payment less than half what his old supplier was charging(EDF), and he was in credit.

Now I am worried :D

I would also be concerned as a caring family member. The message to get across here is that monthly payments are meaningless unless the energy consumption data used as the basis for a price comparison is accurate. Payments are only money paid to the supplier on account from which charges are deducted. As I am sure that you know, billing charges are based on the chosen tariff and the amount of energy consumed. If I was in your situation, I would take a sly look at the assumptions used by the gaining supplier. These should be in the Welcome Letter/E-mail.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure