1 tiny step c+

Options
2»

Comments

• Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ring them up and say you were about to close the account when the annual fee came in. I'm sure they will close it for you immediately and refund the fee - remember to ask nicely.

I know we've spoken about your strategy before and that you prefer to set milestones based on what will be cleared quickest rather than which cards are costing the most - BUT, I notice your 'sign-off' still says you have £250 in a Virgin Regular Saver and are putting in £50 per month. I imagine you probably aren't putting anything in it but if you still have the original £250, you'd be far better advised taking that out and throwing it at the card with the £3XX balance - especially if you want to get that cleared next.

There really isn't much point in keeping a small amount of savings paying 2.5% when you have a credit card charging probably 10 times that much.

Just a thought.

Sig to be updated as I withdrew last 99 pounds earlier in the week due to iphone 8 final bill.
    I could possibly return 90 into VM account and re start from 100.
    Think VM save could be used as a short term emergency type fund or car mot etc. -This would be an improvement for me to have car costs upfront.
    The 50 per month never happened as my tech enjoyment took over for a while with iphonexs+Asus blu ray writer.
    What happens next Tues - a new Apple hardware event.
    I'm not taking part in new ipad or mac mini-I seriously need to stop upgrades for at least a year or two.
    Only positive savings are help to save is getting the 50 as required.
    The cc's -I did want to start on Cap 1@3xx -though interest on big balance cards is considerable, maybe I'll try the difficult way and start 2019 with attempting to shift more payments to highest apr cards as often advised.
    It seems such a long time to view any improvement in lowering balances.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks mser's

Not quite as simple as 1st though similar result.
    Only found original expired c+ card today.
    Called their CS who kindly removed 10 pounds fee and closed my account on request.
    Hopefully this will show as paid and closed in a few weeks time.
    Only decision is Cap 1 approaching 300 balance which I feel comfortable in making swift progress in reducing and one eye on Tesco +500.
    The largest balances in effect interest will be left on slightly above min payment and reviewed during 2019.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure