Anthracite Grey

Options
Hi all.
Just a quick one to see if anyone on here has used Anthracite Grey paint?

I'm struggling to find anywhere that actually stocks this paint which is required to match the new door and Windows my Daughter has had fitted. It seems to be popular with the younger end and especially with new beer outlets.

She has a canopy over the door and she would like to paint this the same colour of the new windows and door but, finding this pint is proving to be a stickler. I asked at my local B&Q but they weren't helpful. Any help would be a bonus. Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Comments

• Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 September 2018 at 1:10PM
    Options
    Anthracite is RAL 7016.

Any shop that mixes paint should able to mix it up for you.

epaint.co.uk will give alternative references one can use, but anyone should be able to work off RAL 7016.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • jeff_chandler
    Options
    That's brilliant thank you.

Kind regards Jeff.
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Doozergirl wrote: »
    Anthracite is RAL 7016.

Any shop that mixes paint should able to mix it up for you.

Though this is correct, I'd still urge caution before you paint everything (if the match is important). I still find words/colours like anthracite are used as a general description for a 'dark grey', but not necessarily RAL 7016, as suggested by a recent review here.

I'd also recommend doing it when you're not distracted with other thoughts. ;)
    I'm struggling to find anywhere that actually stocks this paint which is required to match the new door and Windows my Daughter has had fitted. It seems to be popular with the younger end and especially with new beer outlets.

She has a canopy over the door and she would like to paint this the same colour of the new windows and door but, finding this pint is proving to be a stickler.
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd put money on it being RAL 7016, especially when used in relation to doors and windows, but one can always have a tester pot mixed up.

If it's just a canopy, the whole tin was never going to be a big one.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • Kingswoo
    Kingswoo Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    edited 19 September 2018 at 8:17AM
    Options
    I used protek royal exterior finish on my exterior wooden windows and doors 2 years ago, seems to have lasted well and will be using again.

Forgot to add, we have a pvc door unit that it matches.
  • Kiran
    Kiran Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Doozergirl is spot on. When you see anthracite grey curtain walling, doors and windows on modern buildings etc. they are almost always RAL7016 as above. All the usual Dulux, Johnsons, mix for you and you can vary sheen levels etc.
    Some people don't exaggerate........... They just remember big!
  • jeff_chandler
    Options
    Thank you all who took the time to reply.

I'm going to go with my Daughter to B&Q on Friday and take a look at the recommended RAL 7016 and see if they do it in Satin, Satin seems to be the finish of the PVC windows and door.

Kind regards Jeff.
  • Kiran
    Kiran Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you all who took the time to reply.

I'm going to go with my Daughter to B&Q on Friday and take a look at the recommended RAL 7016 and see if they do it in Satin, Satin seems to be the finish of the PVC windows and door.

Kind regards Jeff.

B&Q don't mix to RAL colours for some reason. They will colour match if you have a sample but I imagine that's harder to do when its the front door.

Dulux or Johnsons will mix to RAL colours. If you've got a fairly decent phone screen you can look at a RAL swatch and hold it up against the door but it will not be exact.

https://www.ralcolor.com/

I'm not sure if you would have use for it again but you can buy the RAL swatch set for under £15 online. They will be as close to an exact match as you can get.
    Some people don't exaggerate........... They just remember big!
  • jeff_chandler
    Options
    I doubt it really matters as long as the colour has a similarity. It's the canopy over the new door that requires painting.

Just been to look at B&Q for curiosity and they gave me two that seems to have a decent match, one being X98 Evening Coat R215A and L18D Tempest Teapot W35B. It would have to be a gloss finish as the piece of beading I took has a shine to it.

Again, thanks for the reply.
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Kiran wrote: »
    Doozergirl is spot on. When you see anthracite grey curtain walling, doors and windows on modern buildings etc. they are almost always RAL7016 as above.

Every day's an education. I'm not the most observant person, and quite likely wouldn't notice one if I walked past it, but I can't think that I've seen one with grey _pale_ trim. I'm quite happy with white. I like to see my dirt, not try and disguise it.
    Not that I'm questioning. I'm quite happy to agree.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure