Hospital

Hi
I need to borrow £2500 for an operation. Most interest free credit cards have a limit of £1200. Does this mean I might have to apply for 2 cards or apply for a loan instead? Hoping someone can help me :j:T

Comments

  • Edi81
    Edi81 Posts: 1,427
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I think you are getting confused with the representative example which is always £1200.

    Credit cards may give you a higher or lower limit based on personal circumstances - ignore the credit score.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,596
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    aquadude wrote: »
    Hi
    I need to borrow £2500 for an operation. Most interest free credit cards have a limit of £1200. Does this mean I might have to apply for 2 cards or apply for a loan instead? Hoping someone can help me :j:T


    Is the op not available from the nhs ?
  • DCFC79 wrote: »
    Is the op not available from the nhs ?

    I'm afraid not. It's for a varicose vein in my leg which the NHS now consider as cosmetic :rotfl:
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Is the op not available from the nhs ?


    Probably.

    My husband has just had to wait over a year for an operation.

    Had it gone on any longer he would have gone private.
  • Edi81 wrote: »
    I think you are getting confused with the representative example which is always £1200.

    Credit cards may give you a higher or lower limit based on personal circumstances - ignore the credit score.

    Do you find that out on application?
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    aquadude wrote: »
    I'm afraid not. It's for a varicose vein in my leg which the NHS now consider as cosmetic :rotfl:

    I think they might still do it if they are causing pain though.
  • aquadude wrote: »
    Do you find that out on application?
    Yes. Only when the application is completed do you find out your limit.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

    I love my job

    :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards