Pension Planning

Options
2»

Comments

• Nubjet64
    Options
    Hi
    I'm a 54yr old ex Nurse who qualified in 2009. I have only worked as a Nurse for a year when I got sick. I have no children, Mortgage or married. I've been working in my late teens 19/20's doing long term temping work. Had a couple of permanent jobs in the Communication field Vodafone, Cable & Wireless & shirt term B.T. Communications. Worked a year @ ATS then went to college to do Nursing.
    Basically, I don't think I have any pension. I did join the NHS Pension while training. But cashed it out when I started working for Nursing Agencies. I'm on PIP & ESSA. Is it worth starting another pension? I'm 55 in March 2019. At my wits end as I don't know what to do. Nubjet64.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,639 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    HiNubjet64- I think it might be better if you started your own thread as your question might get lost here. Although the title of this one is generic the question is quite specific to the person
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • squirrelpie
    Options
    the four separate pieces of advice I got over the years cost me thousands of pounds in commission to receive very basic advice and services that I could have done myself.

As an aside, I've a friend who's a highly qualified IFA.
    Presumably you don't want to pay for advice from your friend for some reason. Perhaps then you would be willing to pay him a small amount to recommend another IFA for you to use? Hopefully you'd get a good recommendation and if not, you'd have two sets of professional indemnity insurance to sue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure