We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Budgeting apps

Options
Hi :j

Can anyone recommend a budgeting app?

I'd like to be able to use it on mobile and computer, and potentially list more than one "account"

Thanks

Comments

• julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    YNAB is amazing (and very popular on here). It's 0-based budgeting, so you assign all of your money to specific purposes, and have to move it around if you overspend a category.

It's around £5 a month, but well worth it. It's saved us an incredible amount of money so far. There are 3 month free trials around as well, just google it.
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Mortgage neutral: September 2022, mortgage redeemed: December 2022
    New house, new mortgage: December 2022, £276,007
    Current balance: £215,400 minus £10,300 overpayment savings pot
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    Another vote for YNAB from me :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm returning to free version of YNAB via my recently purchased i3 laptop.
    Wasn't as difficult as I thought and I rattled in income/outgoings again after a few years when I last ran it via iphone-I got a bit fed up last time recording every single debit card transaction.
    Though this time I use contactless more often and I've stopped smoking past year so less transactions.
    Going to run it and hopefully it could help me behave myself.
    I'm not using iphone app this time only update budget via i3 laptop.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Chappers27
    Options
    There are many, depends what you mean by 'budgeting'. There are ones that help with your household bills, such as Wonderbill, Onedox, Adminbox, and there are those that help with managing your finances, Yolt, Emma (UK version of US Mint), MoneyDashboard, etc. Each do slightly different things.

DISCLAIMER: I work for Adminbox.
    no signature
  • ozaz
    ozaz Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Chappers27 wrote: »
    Emma (UK version of US Mint)

Is Emma really the UK version of Mint?
    I thought it was an independent startup.
  • BoommBD
    Options
    OfferUp is a good one. It's the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers. The prices there are lower so it really helped me out with saving some money. I've purchased three different things there already and the price was always lower than in the shopping center nearby.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport