New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Internal Doors .. Moulded Styles

1 reply 260 views
WLM21WLM21 Forumite
1.3K posts
We need to replace 10 internal doors and my wife has been looking online.

She has seen cheap white panel doors which I am trying to discourage her from picking.

We want white doors, so that rules out oak ones, but surely doors at about £25 each can't be much good ?

Now I'm not a joiner, so can't explain why I doubt that 25 quid doors are worth buying, but surely there will be some doors of decent quality that don't cost an arm and a leg

Not really a fan of the large DIY chains. Many many years ago had a loft extension done and my father bought everything through Magnet Joinery ... is that company still selling decent products.

thanks !

Replies

• EssexExileEssexExile Forumite
    4.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    What do you want from the doors? If they are going to be painted white does it really matter what's underneath?

We had good hardwood doors all around the house. Downstairs are polished & they look lovely, upstairs were painted & they looked alright. Then we had an extension done & I was a bit peeved that the builder fitted cheap doors upstairs. After a few years though they are still fine & I eventually replaced all the old ones so they all match.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.