Atom Bank: Download Statements?

Options
soulsaver
soulsaver Posts: 6,013 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 15 September 2018 at 2:27AM in Budgeting & bank accounts
I'm quite impressed with it.
However...

Can you upload a back up image of your statement to your PC?

I know it's an app but, call me a luddite, I'd like a back up copy on file other than just on my phone/in their vault.

Comments

• PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    Most online statements are pdf files which you can backup anywhere... just copy/email it to yourself and away you go.
  • soulsaver
    Options
    Most online statements are pdf files which you can backup anywhere... just copy/email it to yourself and away you go.
    Atom statement isn't a pdf.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    I'm quite impressed with it.
    However...

Can you upload a back up image of your statement to your PC?

I know it's an app but, call me a luddite, I'd like a back up copy on file other than just on my phone/in their vault.

Maybe you could bring the image up on your tablet and then take a picture of it on your mobile phone? Then you could store that wherever you liked.
  • soulsaver
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    Maybe you could bring the image up on your tablet and then take a picture of it on your mobile phone? Then you could store that wherever you liked.

Thnx Steve. I had thought of that (or vice versa) but seemed a a faff, not great evidence in the event it's needed... but good as a last resort.

I thought someone would come along and say there is the facility, dork - this is how to do it... :)

I'll submit the question to Atom - see what they say.
  • wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    On my iPad, when I open a statement stored in the vault within the app there’s an icon* at the bottom left of the screen that when pressed gives the option, amongst others, to save to your iPad or cloud, or send it via e-mail. I saved it to my iPad and it’s been saved as a PDF.

*A square with an arrow extending upwards from it.
  • soulsaver
    edited 14 September 2018 at 3:48PM
    Options
    OK Atom answered my question.. eventually.
    First call answer (didn't have to wait long, not a dozen options to select from - all good):
    CS: Go to your vault and you can download it or email it or print it there.
    Me: I tried that yesterday and couldn't find a way to do it, but I'll try harder now I know I'm on the right lines. I'll be back if I fail :)

2nd Call: Tried (the above) Failed - In the vault there are 5 files - 4 copies of terms & conditions with slightly different file names(?)& a FSCS declaration - no ac statement.
    CS: You need to make request for an ac statement to be loaded to your vault.
    Me:Why didn't last feller say that?
    CS: We can do that over night. I'll email you tomorrow when it's available, save you continuously checking.
    Me: Thanks. Why doesn't Atom load an opening statement there as a matter of course?
    CS: We're app based.
    Me:So? You stick 5 copies of the terms & conditions and FSCS protection in there I can also find on the app. Acknowledgement of receipt of my funds, in an FTB I opened, with maturity date in a format that can be printed is too difficult?
    CS: I'll pass that on.

Update to follow.

ETA: I hadn't seen the previous post, however I wouldn't have been able to follow it as the statement wasn't in the vault. I'm now thinking this was an Atom error? Anyway I'm forearmed for tomorrow Thanks wmb194.
  • soulsaver
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    Atom statement isn't a pdf.

Apologies - apparently it is a pdf - or at least it can be (?).

It isn't visible in that format when viewed in my set-up - see above. Unclear if this is a system error or not, yet.
  • soulsaver
    edited 15 September 2018 at 1:17PM
    Options
    Atom did provide a statement copy into the vault as promised. And I mailed it to myself.

I'm not really that concerned about the next bit as I wanted at least one hard copy acknowledging I had £severalk with tem in a 2,05% 1 year FTB and I've done that, finally.

But, I asked today by email whether this will happen monthly (it's a monthly interest FTB) and here is the reply I got.

"As we're an App based bank, all the information needed can be found within the App.
    We do provide statements to customers upon maturity or on the anniversary of the account opening.
    This is a manual process which is carried out by our night shift team and we can request this if a customer requires a statement.

If the interest is paid monthly into your account, you'll be able to see this in the App.
    You can do this by clicking on your account and then swiping up.
    This will give you an interest breakdown month by month.

We find that customers screen shot this information & send it to themselves for their records. "
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    File - Save As - Save as a HTML document - choose the destination and then Save. If you get the option to also save images do that. To read it open it in a web browser.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure