• SWBSWB Forumite
    100 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    A friend had need of post surgery bras and found the M&S one to be the best
  • sammyjammysammyjammy Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have some crop tops from Decathlon for sport, they are pull on and are very supportive, they cost £5, you could get one and show it to your surgeon, I don't think the issue of not knowing your size would be a problem, having had breast surgery myself though I would say go for a larger size than you are as they are very elastic and you don't want more pain
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • EmmiaEmmia Forumite
    942 posts
    500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Pollycat said:
    ripplyuk said:
    Thanks. Yes, the pandemic hasn’t helped. The consultant told me I’m at the top of the list (in May) so hopefully it won’t be too long now. 

I’ve bought this one. It’s very soft and comfortable and doesn’t have a tight band underneath. It expands to fit all sizes but I’m a bit worried in case the bust area is slightly loose on me after the surgery. I won’t know until then. I’ve tried lots of different ones and it’s my favourite. https://esshop.co.uk/product/reco-post-surgical-recovery-bra/

I also found a couple of front zip-up ones on Amazon which should fit well. I think they’re made for Asian ladies as they came from China and they’re very tiny. I’ll use them after a week or two, once I’ve healed up a bit. 
    That looks very supportive.
    M&S do a sports (extra high impact) bra that zips up the front which also says 'post surgery':
    Reviews aren't great though.

I like M&S sports bras (I take a G cup or FF in other stores).

Good luck with the surgery, hope it's not too long coming.

I bought the M&S zip front design of bra for running (not post surgery) and as well as being tricky to do up, it also had a tendency to undo itself (think just pinging open completely) mid run.  Trying to do it back up again under my tshirt without flashing people was almost impossible. 

I've gone back to a more traditional 
    M&S design with a rear hook/eye fastening or a pull over sweaty betty seamless bra for sports.
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    30.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emmia said:
    I bought the M&S zip front design of bra for running (not post surgery) and as well as being tricky to do up, it also had a tendency to undo itself (think just pinging open completely) mid run.  Trying to do it back up again under my tshirt without flashing people was almost impossible. 

I've gone back to a more traditional 
    M&S design with a rear hook/eye fastening or a pull over sweaty betty seamless bra for sports.
    That's why I specifically mentioned the reviews - they are not good, particularly from people who have had surgery.
    I wear M&S extra high & high impact bras for exercise but wouldn't want a front fastening zip one, pull on ones would not give me the support I need.