Post surgery bras

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
24 replies 2.2K views

Replies

• elsienelsien Forumite
    25K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want a croptop style one which is quite supportive, have you considered a sports bra? For the smaller woman, the primark ones are cheap and do a reasonable job of keeping things in place.
    Alternatively if you want to pay a bit more, you can get high street ones in m&s, debenhams etc. or shock absorber ones are meant to be good.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • wanderermanwandererman Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    It seems to me that the most reliable solution to your problem is purchasing a bra only after the operation. Can you tell us what you did in the end?
  • moneylovermoneylover Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the breast cancer nurses that are part of the team were meant to advise on this.  I wouldn’t buy till just before surgery  and hedge your bets with two or three bras 
    pay cash and then someone else can do the return for you.  Or buy online if nowhere local to shop so then just a trip to post office for any return.  Good luck, let us know.

• PollycatPollycat Forumite
    30.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to point out that the OP posted she was waiting for surgery on 13th September 2018.
    I would hope that she's had surgery by now and managed to find suitable bras.
  • ripplyukripplyuk Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pollycat said:
    Just to point out that the OP posted she was waiting for surgery on 13th September 2018.
    I would hope that she's had surgery by now and managed to find suitable bras.
    Actually, no, I’m still waiting. I’ve been called in twice but both times it was cancelled. The latest was in May this year. I’m in Northern Ireland and we have very long waiting lists. 
    30.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really sorry to hear that.
    I guess the last 9 months hasn't helped waiting lists.

But are you organised for the best bra when you do have your surgery?

• ripplyukripplyuk Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pollycat said:
    Really sorry to hear that.
    I guess the last 9 months hasn't helped waiting lists.

But are you organised for the best bra when you do have your surgery?

Thanks. Yes, the pandemic hasn’t helped. The consultant told me I’m at the top of the list (in May) so hopefully it won’t be too long now. 

I’ve bought this one. It’s very soft and comfortable and doesn’t have a tight band underneath. It expands to fit all sizes but I’m a bit worried in case the bust area is slightly loose on me after the surgery. I won’t know until then. I’ve tried lots of different ones and it’s my favourite. https://esshop.co.uk/product/reco-post-surgical-recovery-bra/

I also found a couple of front zip-up ones on Amazon which should fit well. I think they’re made for Asian ladies as they came from China and they’re very tiny. I’ll use them after a week or two, once I’ve healed up a bit. 
  • AranyaniAranyani Forumite
    817 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope the surgery wasn’t for cancer
    30.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ripplyuk said:
    Thanks. Yes, the pandemic hasn’t helped. The consultant told me I’m at the top of the list (in May) so hopefully it won’t be too long now. 

I’ve bought this one. It’s very soft and comfortable and doesn’t have a tight band underneath. It expands to fit all sizes but I’m a bit worried in case the bust area is slightly loose on me after the surgery. I won’t know until then. I’ve tried lots of different ones and it’s my favourite. https://esshop.co.uk/product/reco-post-surgical-recovery-bra/

I also found a couple of front zip-up ones on Amazon which should fit well. I think they’re made for Asian ladies as they came from China and they’re very tiny. I’ll use them after a week or two, once I’ve healed up a bit. 
    That looks very supportive.
    M&S do a sports (extra high impact) bra that zips up the front which also says 'post surgery':
    Reviews aren't great though.

I like M&S sports bras (I take a G cup or FF in other stores).

Good luck with the surgery, hope it's not too long coming.

• teddysmumteddysmum Forumite
    9.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could you fill the cups with 'chicken fillets' which would also guard against accidentally knocking a wound ? They come in a range of sizes, some of which are under £3(Amazon).