New front door.

Options
Hello, I've been quoted £1260 for a new composite front door by a local company, it's a standard size door. I've been put off because there website said prices from £990 for a composite door but once the salesman turned up he said everything is £1260.
Any ideas how much a composite door costs from the national companies? Anglian, Everest etc?

Comments

• thebaldwindowfitter
    Options
    usually twice as much
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction
  • brewthebear
    Options
    The word saleman turned up is the clue. Plenty of places to find a composite door at that price
  • jcb208
    jcb208 Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I paid £900 fitted local company with lead glass option which costs extra .Standard door would of been £800 about 18 months ago GU area
  • Brummie85
    Options
    They aren't cheap. We're looking at £1200 plus as well, with that number being touted by 3 separate installers.
  • Robby1988
    Robby1988 Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 September 2018 at 9:12PM
    Options
    If you are paying £1200+ make sure you are getting a top spec composite door. Some have better thermal & security spec than others. I suspect the "from" price on the website will be for the cheapest door in plain white.

Earlier this year we paid a local firm £1350 for the top spec Rock Door (Its called the Ultimate I think). For a few hundred quid less we could have had a Truedoor but I didn't think they looked as good and weren't as well specced. We are well happy with ours, you can feel the quality of the thing when you open the handle.
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    1260 isn't over the top for a decent door , A lot depends on what you want . long handled syles are more expensive for me to buy . any sides or top light involved etc . bevels /leads . spec adds on . from 990 might need to add letterboxes . anything but white handles and colours limited etc . Make sure they fit it with a decent lock 3* anti snap etc . Let us know how it goes
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport