We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Tesco bank 3%, £3,000 for 2 current account

Options
To get 3% on £3,000 on current account in Tesco, i need 3 active direct debit per month.

It said that I can have 2 current account.
So i need total 6 active direct debit to get 3% on £6,000?

Or just 3 active direct debit will be fine?

Comments

• societys_child
    Options
    3 direct debits per account = 6
  • PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    You need 3x direct debits to be taken each month for each account (6 total). Don't forget about the £750 minimum pay in as well.

However I can confirm that if you have a single mandate that takes at least 3 times per month then that will satisfy the account conditions. I have a single DD mandate on each account that pays out weekly (4-5 times per month) on each of my accounts and I always get my interest.

If you are lacking enough DDs and are stuck for ideas, see the following thread:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5734632&page=1
  • alandaniel132
    Options
    You need 3x direct debits to be taken each month for each account (6 total). Don't forget about the £750 minimum pay in as well.

However I can confirm that if you have a single mandate that takes at least 3 times per month then that will satisfy the account conditions. I have a single DD mandate on each account that pays out weekly (4-5 times per month) on each of my accounts and I always get my interest.

If you are lacking enough DDs and are stuck for ideas, see the following thread:

Can you share how you get 3 pays out for a single DD mandate?
    My electricity bill is monthly DD.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,278 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Can you share how you get 3 pays out for a single DD mandate?
    My electricity bill is monthly DD.

Some savings accounts will allow you to fund them by DD. Instead of funding by say £40 per month, you can instead fund by £10 every week.

NB this can't be done with things like the utility bill you mention.

Have a look at the thread mentioned earlier
  • Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    Options

Thats good to hear as British Gas didnt move one of mine after i asked them & had said they had done. Ive added a 2nd post office saver DD to account, so im hopeful of receiving interest. I did have a moan to BG that their error had cost me money, and have admitted fault and offered money to make up my losses
  • alandaniel132
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    Some savings accounts will allow you to fund them by DD. Instead of funding by say £40 per month, you can instead fund by £10 every week.

Which saving account allow multiple DD per month? As I know only Post Office saving
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,657 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    spoon-feeding-pupils.jpg
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,803 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 September 2018 at 7:44PM
    Options
    There are a few options in the link I posted. I use the Scottish Widows Internet Saver (no longer available to new customers). The PO Saver I use for a few other accounts - I always open a new one when they bring out a new issue :D

If you do some research and get a little creative, and it's actually quite easy to fund multiple accounts worth of DD requirements :j
  • alandaniel132
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »

There are a few options in the link I posted. I use the Scottish Widows Internet Saver (no longer available to new customers). The PO Saver I use for a few other accounts - I always open a new one when they bring out a new issue :D

I did search all the DD, Scottish Windows Internet Server no longer apply anymore.
    So only option is PO saver.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family