We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Complaint

Options
Hi. I was trying to post an offer about Pecksniffs hand wash being reduced to £1.50 and it says as I am a new user I am not allowed to share a link to the shop. I think this is terrible. I want the same access as everyone else.

Comments

• pumpkin89
    Options
    Surely you can understand, though, that allowing new users to post links would lead to a lot more spam, as people could simply set up a new account every time they get blocked.

It sounds as though you are sharing really useful content, in which case you'll soon be given authorisation to post links. Thanks for joining!
  • 1974Stephen
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for reply. Do you know when I get the authorisation?
  • pumpkin89
    Options
    Hi, sorry, I don't as I'm not a moderator. I believe it's not set out as a hard-and-fast rule, as that would also make it easier for spammers to manipulate!

As a guide, I got mine after about 12-15 posts, so it's unlikely to take weeks and weeks.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 13,178 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Until you get access (which I think happens after you've made a certain number of posts rather than after a specific time) you could just post the link using (for example) spaces instead of dots, and if it's of interest someone who's been around longer can reconstruct and re-post it for you
  • 1974Stephen
    Options
    Okay thanks for reply. I will just wait till the handwash sell out then.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 19,036 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 September 2018 at 7:45AM
    Options
    Okay thanks for reply. I will just wait till the handwash sell out then.

If you post with what shop it is on, someone will kindly post the link for you.

For the time being you could also split the link ie w w w , superdrug . com

Welcome to MSE and it wont be long before you can post links.

Its nothing personal, its a safety feature to help slow down spam posts and although it can be frustrating, if you keep posting, you will soon be posting links all over the forum helping people :-)

I am guessing its here? £1.50 plus £1.99 delivery. (free delivery over £20)

https://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/pecksniffs-lily-cottonseed-hand-wash-300ml-0098364.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=merchant&utm_keyword=foo&istCompanyId=17773c4e-a26f-4631-9b91-73e6422dbe77&istItemId=-xrtiiawmmp&istBid=tztx&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4-rN4Kyy3QIVipTtCh2yMAaEEAQYASABEgIXX_D_BwE
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • 1974Stephen
    Options
    Hi Sarah, sorry for late reply. Yes that was the one. I got my parcel through and I would say it is very good quality. Scent stays as long as Molton Brown.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 19,036 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Sarah, sorry for late reply. Yes that was the one. I got my parcel through and I would say it is very good quality. Scent stays as long as Molton Brown.

Thanks Stephen, I have posted it here and credited you https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74798449#post74798449

Please post any bargains that you find and as I said above, a user will post the link for you and you will soon be off and running posting links ;)
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure