New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Mood swings

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
1 reply 523 views
Shakin_SteveShakin_Steve Forumite
1.8K posts
1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
With regards to credit, does anyone else have 'mood swings', like me?
I sat doing some numbers yesterday afternoon......what was in the current accounts, savings accounts, etc. Then I looked at the balances on the credit cards...not huge, but about £3.5K.
Two of them on 0% deals and one set to pay in full each month.
So I thought 'Why am I carrying balances on credit cards when the money is in the bank?' So I paid them all off. Made me feel good, for a while. Then I realised I'd paid good money to transfer the money from the cards to my current account in the first place. :D

In a couple of months I'll want to buy a big ticket item and I won't fancy reducing my bank balance by that much. Guess what I'll probably do then?:o
Like I said......mood swings.
I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.

Replies

• Terry_TowellingTerry_Towelling Forumite
    2.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Not sure what to say to that. I think we all have mood swings - but not like the one you've just had - it's more like memory loss than a mood swing.:)

Looks like you'd started a line in stoozing and then forgot all about it. From what you say, it sounds like you also had to pay a fee to do the money transfers from the 0% cards to your current account.

Oh well, in a couple of months you can just buy that big-ticket item using one of the 0% credit cards and, apart from the loss of the transfer fee, you're back to where you were - more or less.