'Womblers' hit out at Asda's decision to axe price guarantee - MSE News

in Gone Off!
26 replies 4.6K views
Former_MSE_CallumFormer_MSE_Callum Former MSE
696 Posts
Third Anniversary 10 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
✭✭
A celebrity 'wombler' who founded the 'Wombles for Cash' Facebook group has released a 20-minute Youtube response to Asda's closure of its Price Guarantee scheme, which he said was "very sad news"...
Read the full story:
''Womblers' hit out at Asda's decision to axe price guarantee'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: [email protected]
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail

Replies

• robin58robin58 Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Why are they moaning.

It's illegal under the terms and conditions of the original customer who cannot transfer the benefit to another person.

Wonder if they would also moan if they were banned from the shop or prosecuted for fraud against Asda.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • edited 6 September 2018 at 5:55PM
    Wheres_My_CashbackWheres_My_Cashback Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 September 2018 at 5:55PM
    robin58 wrote: »
    Why are they moaning.

It's illegal under the terms and conditions of the original customer who cannot transfer the benefit to another person.

Wonder if they would also moan if they were banned from the shop or prosecuted for fraud against Asda.

Illegal - Noo it's not as no such LAW exists. It's not contrary to the T&Cs either.

Fraud - No it's not as deception would not have taken place.

As for the YouTube response :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • edited 6 September 2018 at 7:50PM
    alanqalanq Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 September 2018 at 7:50PM
    Illegal - Noo it's not as no such LAW exists. It's not contrary to the T&Cs either.

The Womblers' video speaks of people obtaining £500-£800 per month from the scheme. As the APG Ts&Cs limit claims to £100 per calendar month per household it would seem that those people at least are using false identities which may well be illegal.

https://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/terms.html
  • martinbuckleymartinbuckley Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I hope these folk continue to go round asda car parks picking up litter.
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vote with their feet...off to Sainsbury's ...oh hang on....
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• edited 7 September 2018 at 3:18AM
    robin58robin58 Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    edited 7 September 2018 at 3:18AM
    K

As for the YouTube response :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You may have an Asda logo as an avatar but you don't know much about company policy.

If the terms and conditions of entry are displayed and it says transference of goods and benefits are not allowed between persons other than original customer. It becomes part of the transaction between company and customer which the company can enforce, subject to any consumer law.
    It's the reason people get thrown out of cinemas after causing a disturbance without a refund, It's in the t&c of admission, displayed at the entrance.
    So by picking up a receipt from the car park from another customer, is technically theft, removing the rightful owner of the benefit of a cashback. Then using receipt to get a financial benefit for which they aren't entitled to, is therefore fraud and deception.

So if what alnq says is true, these Womblers are actually committing huge fraud and deception to gain an untitled benefit.

You CAN be banned in any Asda or other shop or business for that matter as it is a private owned place in law and nobody has a right to enter it if the company doesn't want them to, except statuary entitled bodies.

As a side note do you know staff can actually be prosecuted for trespass after they finish thier shift and don't leave, unless they are there for a company sanctioned reason.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • Wheres_My_CashbackWheres_My_Cashback Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    robin58 wrote: »
    K

You may have an Asda logo as an avatar but you don't know much about company policy.

If the terms and conditions of entry are displayed and it says transference of goods and benefits are not allowed between persons other than original customer. It becomes part of the transaction between company and customer which the company can enforce, subject to any consumer law.
    It's the reason people get thrown out of cinemas after causing a disturbance without a refund, It's in the t&c of admission, displayed at the entrance.
    So by picking up a receipt from the car park from another customer, is technically theft, removing the rightful owner of the benefit of a cashback. Then using receipt to get a financial benefit for which they aren't entitled to, is therefore fraud and deception.

So if what alnq says is true, these Womblers are actually committing huge fraud and deception to gain an untitled benefit.

You CAN be banned in any Asda or other shop or business for that matter as it is a private owned place in law and nobody has a right to enter it if the company doesn't want them to, except statuary entitled bodies.

As a side note do you know staff can actually be prosecuted for trespass after they finish thier shift and don't leave, unless they are there for a company sanctioned reason.

Well that's all smokes and mirrors and none of it relevant to the APG T&Cs or LAW ;)

You clearly have a perception of both, however those perceptions are not reality and are factually incorrect.

Your comments about the cinema, being banned, staff tresspass are off topic and not relevant.

T&Cs do not form any part of illegality as you stated. Only LAW does that. Parliament/The Queen make our laws, Not Asda :rotfl:

Picking up a discarded receipt (wombling) is not theft, technically or in any other way. Please read up on what is ;)

Asda have also previously publicly given consumers consent to pick up discarded receipts from the floor, car parks and trollies on their premises, therefore are highly unlikely to ban you.

I personally have an e-mail addressed to me from ASDA in Leeds advising the same.
    3.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    alanq wrote: »
    The Womblers' video speaks of people obtaining £500-£800 per month from the scheme. As the APG Ts&Cs limit claims to £100 per calendar month per household it would seem that those people at least are using false identities which may well be illegal.

https://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/terms.html

It may indeed, however, only a court could decide upon that, not peoples perceptions.

I'll say again. As for the video :rotfl::rotfl:
  • VT82VT82 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    "Asda customers should vote with their feet and boycott them if enough do it they may change their minds."

Except it's not full-paying, profitable, Asda customers that are affected by this change. It's the tramps taking advantage of the scheme to get a free lunch (and more!) at Asda's expense that are affected. And I'll bet Asda will be more than happy for them to stop hanging around, poking their noses into the bins at the front of the shop like the tramps they are.
    3.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    VT82 wrote: »
    "Asda customers should vote with their feet and boycott them if enough do it they may change their minds."

Except it's not full-paying, profitable, Asda customers that are affected by this change. It's the tramps taking advantage of the scheme to get a free lunch (and more!) at Asda's expense that are affected. And I'll bet Asda will be more than happy for them to stop hanging around, poking their noses into the bins at the front of the shop like the tramps they are.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Delving into bins wasn't permitted ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland