We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Lookaftermybills

Options
Hi, new-ish to the forum so apologies if this is covered elsewhere. I did look haha.

Just wondering if anyone has used the Lookaftermybills service? I appreciate that you can get it cheaper if you search for deals yourself or use the service provided by mse. The trouble is I find that I forget when it’s time to switch, and it takes me a while to get round to it. So has anyone used the service yet? What do you think?

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It has been discussed before. Doubt anyone on here has used it.

Uswitch and this sites CEC sends you an email 49 days before the fix ends so you have no excuse!

Get on and switch !

See what you could save with your current supplier as that is easy and risk free.
    Sorted in 24 hours
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There are these devices that can help to jog your memory...they are called diaries.
    A switch can be done in 10 minutes, all you need is your postcode and annual kWh usage.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, new-ish to the forum so apologies if this is covered elsewhere. I did look haha.

You signed up in Nov 2009

Cannot think why anyone would want to use a service like this. With so many comparison sites around and it being so easy to switch you only need to spend 10 minutes and its done. If you are using any smart device to access this forum then it will have a calendar on it so you could get that to remind you.

If you cannot spare 10 minutes to do this then why spend the time asking
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• suchgreatheights
    Options
    Tried it. They claimed they could save me money but best they could do was a tariff that would increase my bills by 25%. Not a very good system it seems. Now I can’t get them to stop sending me emails despite unsubscribing multiple times and contacting them direct.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I smell an advertisement... Think it's in the wrong place; this site is about saving money, not wasting it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport