Turning up to a bank with £17K

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
17 replies 3.4K views
JohnLockJohnLock Forumite
74 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
Hi,
Will a bank investigate my account and call the police if a turn up with £17k cash and ask them to deposit it into my account? Thanks.

Replies

• Shakin_SteveShakin_Steve Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nurse! He's out of bed again.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • mgdavidmgdavid Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder:
    provocative clown
    or mental health issues
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • jim1999jim1999 Forumite
    144 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Is the money in question covered in blood?
  • FuturisticFuturistic Forumite
    841 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭
    1- Cashier will ask you for source probably
    2- Cashier will definitely report this to be investigated
    3- All your recent threads are quite something, keep it up
  • eDickyeDicky Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will ask what happened to the car deal and why the 20k in fifties that you withdrew this morning is now 3k short...
    Evolution, not revolution
  • deadendwaterfalldeadendwaterfall Forumite
    294 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    They will press the trap door button and feed you to the underground crocodiles.
    :o
  • ZandermanZanderman Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps you could split it with your son (the one who earns £30k in affiliate fees in two months from Amazon) then it wouldn't look so much.

On the other hand, as you're only 27, he must be very young and so doing this might arose more suspicion rather than less.
  • Terry_TowellingTerry_Towelling Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    JohnLock wrote: »
    Hi,
    Will a bank investigate my account and call the police if a turn up with £17k cash and ask them to deposit it into my account? Thanks.

Of course, they will call the police. Their hidden cameras with facial recognition software will pick up the fact that you are the same person who came in with a long blond wig a couple of weeks ago and tried to withdraw £3K using the debit card of a female customer.

PS you never did say what sort of car you were going to buy - make, model, designation, reg no. Please provide this info soonest, so I can confirm whether the deal is sound.
  • jonesMUFCforeverjonesMUFCforever Forumite
    28.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    John you would make a fortune writing comedy scripts - honestly there's nothing on the box these days to beat these stories.
  • edited 1 September 2018 at 1:34PM
    Samsung_Note2Samsung_Note2
    774 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 1 September 2018 at 1:34PM
    JohnLock wrote: »
    Hi,

No they wont...true story.

Last Wednesday week my brother in law bought a sawn of shotgun,technically it wasn't sawn off as no saw was used,in fact they used a plasma cutter so really it was a plasma shotgun but that sounds like science fiction..lol.

Anyway with his small shooter he down the local Spar...£215.87 wasn't much of a score so he done Barclays and bagged £32,600 and popped along to TSB who took the whole lot without a blink wink or a hows your day been.

Admittedly it was TSB and given there recent troubles they probably really appreciated any funds going to branch rather than out....but in answer to your question,drop it off to any TSB branch.

Just dont run around shouting in a poor London cockney style accent "Hands up you slags or your gonna get it...blow ya head of you numpty if you phone the rozzers" whilst wearing flares and a sleeveless jumper.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals