Cheapest diesel M6

Options
Hi there,

Does anyone know of the cheapest petrol stations within about 5 miles off the M6 anywhere between Balsall Common (near Coventry) and Carlisle? I'm having to do this trip a few times over the next few weeks (not for work) and have noticed through the petrol prices site that my local petrol station in Hawick in the Borders has jumped from 95p to £1 a litre since last Sunday. :eek: So obviously want to try and get a full tank at the cheapest spot. Also anywhere between Kenilworth and Balsall Common (start of my M6 route) or Selkirk and the top of the M6 at Carlisle.

Cheers guys. Oh BTW, my car is a diesel.

Kate

Comments

• vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can do a search on Tesco and Sainsbury sites for supermarkets that have petrol stations. Then search those close to the M6.
    The man without a signature.
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    There's a Morrisons just off Junction 9. It's pretty competitive, plus you can collect the miles points for a £5 voucher.
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • bunking_off
    bunking_off Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Options
    There's a Sainsbury's just off J29 (M65, follow signs for Preston South, go around roundabout at the end, then right at the next one).

Alternatively, if you prefer brand name, take J28, turn right (whether turning off from north or south), right at the traffic lights then there's a Shell in approx 300 yards).

Would guess both of these are approx half way along your trip.
    I really must stop loafing and get back to work...
  • Fruity1
    Fruity1 Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    There is an Asda and tesco in Stafford Junction14 & 13. A tesco 5 mins from stoke at J15.
  • Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Asda fairly close to J31A in Preston East, if you start in COventry I'm surprised you need a refill by the time you reach end of route near Carlisle tbh
  • piggeh
    piggeh Posts: 1,723 Forumite
    Options
    There was a couple of pence duty whacked on a few weeks ago so may have been partyl due to that.
    matched betting: £879.63
  • scbk
    scbk Posts: 1,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Supermarkets are almost always cheapest

There's a tesco extra at Carlisle, open 24hrs, makes a good food and fuel pitstop. Jct 43, head along the A69 towards Calisle. It's on the right hand side, 20secs from the motorway! :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure