Capital One Credit Card Reclaim

Hi - I bought something on credit card from B&Q 4 years ago. It has not lasted like I expected, so I am considering claiming via my credit card (Capital One).

Has anyone done this, or got any recommendations for how to pursue this?

I've got a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Your credit card offers you the same rights as you have generally against the retailer, which I believe will be SOGA as this is going back to 2014.

What is wrong with the item? Why do you feel it hasnt lasted as long as you expected?

A CC chargeback isnt as simply as saying you want your money back after 4 years.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You will not get a full refund after 4 years use.
  • Are your expectations realistic? What is the item, and how has it been used?
    Impossible for us to know otherwise - all crystal balls are currently down for maintenance
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You just contact your card issuer and ask to start a section 75 claim. Be warned though that banks often get it wrong - by putting it through as a chargeback rather than section 75 claim or telling you that you need to approach the retailer first etc
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure