Pls help, dhl vat payment!!!

Hello

I need some help and need to know what my rights are (if i have any in this case).

Months ago, I ordered some items from outside the EU online, when the delivery arrived, I was told I had to pay £71 in duty! I thought that was a bit high, but when I saw my delivery note, the seller had not entered the price I paid(i was given a discount) but entered the full value of the goods. As I wanted my good, I paid.

When I opened the delivery, it was missing a number of items:mad:

I reached out to the seller, he apologized and said he would resend, he did. But when I got home, I got a notification from DHL that yet another duty was due! How I said, I contacted them and explained it was a replacement and duty was already paid, they said the sender hadn't confirmed this and there was a value on the parcel. I contacted the seller to confirm this, they said they would check and never got back to me!

Weeks later, I get an email from DHL demanding payment, I told them no payment was due and that the seller was meant to confirm this back but hadn't.

Next thing, I get a threatening letter from DHL demanding payment or else they would pass the debt (£19) to collection service.

I contacted them again and said, I've still not got the goods and I had asked in previous communication that they return it. Yet I still got letters demanding money. Each time, I'd email them asking them to check the file and see there's a dispute.

Only to come home today and they have passed the debt to collections company, who have then added £10 admin fee and demanding immediate payment or else and went on about CCJs!

Can DHL do this? Do I have to pay? Do i have any rights?

Please help

Thanks in advance

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills