We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE Cheap Energy Club Not Switched

Options
IOIO
IOIO Posts: 23 Forumite
I applied on 18th August to switch tariffs onto EDF Easy Online Exclusive September 19. I received an email from the cheap energy club saying they have notified EDF and within a week or so i will receive a welcome pack. When i log into my cheap energy club account it also says switch in progress.

Today i contacted EDF and after a 30 minute call they confirmed they have not received any requests to change tariffs from the MSE Cheap Energy Club. I cant find any contact details for the MSE Cheap Energy Club anywhere, no email or phone number?

I dont know what to do as my current discounted tariff ends shortly and i dont want to wait indefinitely to see if this switch will go through.

Can anyone help please?

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,141 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Contact energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com and ask what is going on.

The tariff is not exclusive to CEC and is available through other switching sites so you could go elsewhere. I think it may have been the V1 when you tried to switch but is now V2.
  • IOIO
    Options
    yeah it was version 1. version 2 is slightly more expensive.
    thank you for the email address
  • Skools_Out
    Skools_Out Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    IOIO wrote: »
    I applied on 18th August to switch tariffs onto EDF Easy Online Exclusive September 19. I received an email from the cheap energy club saying they have notified EDF and within a week or so i will receive a welcome pack. When i log into my cheap energy club account it also says switch in progress.

Today i contacted EDF and after a 30 minute call they confirmed they have not received any requests to change tariffs from the MSE Cheap Energy Club. I cant find any contact details for the MSE Cheap Energy Club anywhere, no email or phone number?

I dont know what to do as my current discounted tariff ends shortly and i dont want to wait indefinitely to see if this switch will go through.

Can anyone help please?

Contact details of the CEC are available on this page
    https://clubs.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub/faq

As are a number of FAQ's such as:
    I've called the supplier and it knows nothing about the switch

This doesn't mean your switch isn't in progress. We're finding more and more that suppliers' call centres don't have up-to-date information about switches (or they say they don't).

So if you've called the new supplier and it doesn't know about the switch, don't worry about it. Wait a few days, and you should receive confirmation of the switch in the post. Don't switch over the phone directly with the supplier - if you do, you'll miss out on any cashback you were eligible for.
  • donslosers
    Options
    I've had exactly the same experience with EDF switch via cheapenergyclub. Heard nothing from EDF for two weeks and now they say they know nothing g about either the " exclusive' tariff or the application.

Have now reached the end of existing tariff and onto standard variable rate but don't want to switch to another EDF tariff meanwhile in case in mucks things up further . What a mess.

Does anyone know what's going on. No answers from cheapenergyclub so far.
  • IOIO
    Options
    I have spoken to EDF again today. They have confirmed that many people have called them in the same position. They are still saying they have had no communication from MSE and suspect a batch file was not sent.
    I did get an email reply from MSE Holly who said she has escalated this to MoneySuperMarket to look into this.
    I will also be on the standard variable rate at the end of this month
  • icicles
    icicles Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was on E.ON V13 1 Year Fix until 3rd October. 19th August accepted E.ON emailed offer to continue with them for when existing contract finished via MSE Energy Club as usual. It was sent to E.ON immediately. Then E.ON terminated my cheaper rates & put me on the more expensive rate 6 weeks before the contract should have ended. Nightmare trying to get somebody to help me re-instate me back to where I was. Seems all these companies are out of control having read so many complaints. Good Luck trying to find the best tariff.
  • Bob_Sapey
    Options
    I tried joining this club and swapping to EDF a couple of weeks back. I’m with Flow and could save £200 on the day. I got the confirmation emails and was invited to register for Myaccount with EDF. When I tried to do this the website said I was already registered, despite my having never been an EDF customer. I tried saying I’d lost my password. Three time the website said it was sending me an email, but it didn’t. I tried contacting the help service, first I got a robot and then a person who seemed not to know what they were doing. By the length of time it was taking for him/her to reply, I guess they were handling several conversations.

I concluded that if this went on for the next year it would drive me mad, so I exercised my right to cancel the move. Since then I have had a stream of emails from EDF saying exactly the same thing, confirming my cancellation of the contract and inviting me to login to the inaccessible Myaccount. I’m glad to be staying with Flow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport