PPI Reclaim company and IVA (completed)

Options
Good afternoon
We recently employed a PPI reclaim company (yes I know but TBH I would not have got round to sorting this myself) who have had success with Barclaycard who have repaid £2800. The problem is that the money has been paid to Aperture who were my IVA administrator (Grant Thornton at the time). Looking at google results I find that this, unfortunately for me, is correct. The question I have is that the reclaim company of course work on commission so will they be after me for money that I will never receive?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, they will.

Did you tell them about your IVA? You might want to put in a complaint that they should have asked you whether you had an IVA or similar. You might get lucky.

In future, always put in your complaint yourself. You spent longer talking to the claims company that you would have spent going direct to the lender.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,385 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is why you see time and again the warnings that you should never use a claims company if you have arrears, defaults, amounts written off etc. Otherwise, you can end up with a bill from CMC despite not seeing the money personally.

If you told the CMC that you had defaulted/IVA or words similar, then the CMC is required to give you the warning not to use them.
    The question I have is that the reclaim company of course work on commission

Its not commission. it is a fee.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure