We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

What Lily has these leaves?

Options
amersall
amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
Hi guys, in April, I bought a pack of 3 Lily bulbs.

All I remember is they were a unusual colour, definitely Lilies, I chose these as I have different varieties of Lily already, white, orange, pink and purple I thought these as they would look lovely in the border for contrast.

Now to my question, they started to grow a couple of months ago and have long green leaves, similar to a daffodil leaf but wider, time went on and I noticed there were no flowers just more leaves coming from the base at either side and are very uniform.

I have trawled the internet to try and identify these but to no avail, anyone have any ideas?.
Cheers.

Comments

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just to let you know that I've deleted your other post as they are both exactly the same
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • JulieM
    JulieM Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Newshound! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    This is only a guess, could it be Hesperantha, commonly known as Kaffir lily? Maybe the plants aren't yet mature enough to flower as you planted them in the spring, you usually plant bulbs in the Autumn.
  • amersall
    Options
    Just to let you know that I've deleted your other post as they are both exactly the same
    Sorry about that :D I changed the title, obviously did it wrong.
  • amersall
    Options
    JulieM wrote: »
    This is only a guess, could it be Hesperantha, commonly known as Kaffir lily? Maybe the plants aren't yet mature enough to flower as you planted them in the spring, you usually plant bulbs in the Autumn.
    Thanks! that looks like it.
    Did not expect it to grow so soon and so fast. I thought it was growing blind to be honest as Daffodils and Tulips do in my garden.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure