What is the best flooring?

2»

Comments

• Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    We have the best of both worlds - Karndean in the bathrooms and kitchen and engineered oak through the hall/lounge/dining room. Karndean is brilliant in a wet environment, but too hard for living areas. (Yes, I know oak is 'hard' - but you know what I mean!)
  • Anyone recommend a stockist, colour and underlay? I'm assuming samples can be ordered of the flooring over the internet
  • +1 for LVT

We had made our minds up to go real wood then in the shop LVT was suggested and the benefits explained - I particularly liked the fact that you didn't need scotia round the edges as it could be butted and siliconed to the skirting board!

Long story short we went with a dark wood LVT and have had nothing but compliments on how great it looks - most people just think it's a dark oak real wood floor.

Quite pricey though!
    I don't have to run faster than the bear.....I just need to run faster than you!
  • Laminate is just as good as real wood if you find the right shop in my opinion. We have laminate and everyone assumes it is real wood until we tell them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure