Electric Ireland Price Increase

Options

Comments

• Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    edited 10 September 2018 at 4:38AM
    Options
    I have topped today ,still got the 20 digit code .
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • Money_Grabber13579
    Options
    Can you also do this with a credit account? I believe that you can submit a meter reading yourself, so is there anything to stop you from adding a few hundred units onto the meter reading, the day before the price increase? Apppreciate that it will probably get noticed in the following quarter, when it looks like I have used negative units!
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Can you also do this with a credit account? I believe that you can submit a meter reading yourself, so is there anything to stop you from adding a few hundred units onto the meter reading, the day before the price increase? Apppreciate that it will probably get noticed in the following quarter, when it looks like I have used negative units!

nothing at all to stop you adding a few hundred units .It will be a case of oops did I submit the wrong reading ,how did that happen.
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • guli
    guli Posts: 184 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    max on the prepay meter is £999.99
  • guiriman
    Options
    Have they all increased now? Maybe wait another month before comparing and switching (if needed)
  • IrishMarco
    Options
    This is incorrect. If there is a price change and theres a financial hit to you, i.e. its going up - then you have 21 days to switch without penalty, regardless if you are in a contract or not.

Switch, switch , switch.
    :money:
  • guiriman
    Options
    I can save £60 a year by switching, if I wait until February I'll get my annual £20 back from Electric Ireland. Think I'll wait then switch when the 20 quid's in hand
  • tommie
    tommie Posts: 380 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So with all these recent price rises who is the cheapest out there now, i`m with Click on keypad atm.

Is there still a price comparison table out there somewhere?
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am rather strange, I have an easysaver card as it is known. So I just pay a set amount each month and when the bills come in they are paid.

When enquiring the only one who did this was Electric Ireland and I moved to them. So I cannot do a proper comparison as the other companies don't do this.

I am NIHE and never offered a key meter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure