Can you have 2 insurance policies on the same car?

Hi there.
I recently decided to get a second job as a fast food delivery driver. However I do not have the appropriate insurance to do so on my car and my insurance provided does not provide the business insurance required. However I could afford to get the required business insurance with a second insurance provided to deliver food with a 3rd party fire or theft policy. However I have already paid my annual fully comp insurance with break down cover and would loose the breakdown cover and incur cancellation fees. I was wondering about the legality and practicality of having two insurance policies on the one car. One fully comp policy for social driving and the second 3rd party policy for fast food delivery. It appears that the 2nd policy would be around £100 a month and I believe I could realistically earn £400 a month delivering food. Any help please....


This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Gin, gee-gees & groceries

This week's MSE Forum highlights

Team Blog

2for1 adult tickets to theme parks

Via selected £1-£3 Kellogg's promo packs

MSE Deals