PPI Claim advice

Options
Hi, I am new to this site and have no idea if I am in the right place so if I am not, please advise!
So... I had a credit card back in 2005 with Barclays, I decided to just give it a shot and see if I had PPI so I sent letters and so on. After a few attempts at them refusing to accept I existed even after being sent copies of my old statement, they finally accepted I do exist and now the complaint is going ahead.

They have now asked me to provide a long list of things such as my employment status at the time, whether I was part/full time etc... the thing is, I have no details of this. I worked in several pubs at the time but couldn't be accurate with which ones and when if that makes sense?

Why is this relevant and does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this part?

Thanks in advance

Maz

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's relevant as it gives you the opportunity to provide evidence that the PPI wasn't needed.

If you can't remember, just put that. Don't make anything up.
  • Mazzyuk
    Options
    I have absolutely no idea... I would have been working in various pubs at the time, but i couldn't be precise. Do I need to say that I was working but just don't know where, how much or so on?
    Thanks for reply
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 9,010 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    PPI would not cover part time workers (doing less than 15 (I think) hours a week) but would cover full time workers. As such they need to know if you were working to check if the product was suitable. Can you not check old payslips or such to work out what you were doing? Maybe look at old bank statements etc? You can only state what you know but don't just guess or make stuff up.
  • societys_child
    Options
    Do I need to say that I was working but just don't know where, how much or so on?
    You can put that, but it's not going to help your complaint much is it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure