Childcare Vouchers For Those On or Close to Minimum Wage

Options
2»

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,264 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What about people whose employers don't use child care vouchers?

Not everybody gets the same help. there are different schemes to help in different circumstances.
  • logie48
    logie48 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So you are getting lots of help whilst complaining you can’t get more help.

Don’t worry about other people, they’re getting on just fine...

Please don't shoot me down in flames. The help is a childcare allowance per person. And when you are shelling out £7k a year on childcare then you are going to do whatever is possible to reduce this. We are not scamming the system. As parents we are both looking to get benefit out of the £240 odd tax relief per person, as what the scheme allows. At the moment I can get it, but my partner can't.

I understand a number of people cannot get vouchers, but we are only looking to do what's best for us, the reason why I asked for advice.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,032 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The pension sal sac no doubt benefits from the employee ni saving but is there also an employers ni boost (up to the employer if they give this). Otherwise she may be better off using the income but the childcare vouchers and making the pension contributions from taxed salary that is then grossed up so the only difference is the lost in saving (assuming there is no employer in or matched pension contribution).
    I think....
  • Paparika
    Paparika Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So this is how it works.

You have salary sacrifices that your wife takes full advantage of. The minimum wage thing is there for a reason.

It's illegal to force the wage to go under the limit, so you're !!!!!ing that the company is protecting your wife?

If you have childcare money issues then look here or get another job https://www.giveyourselfachoice.com
    Life is about give and take, if you can't give why should you take?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure