66 replies 27.2K views
123457»

Replies

• edited 16 May at 3:29PM
    MoonChild91MoonChild91 Forumite
    86 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 16 May at 3:29PM
    My aunt suffers from thinning hair because of her thyroid - she swears by tipping her head upside down and massaging her scalp with argan oil for 10 minutes before showering. If I remember right she does this for a week, then has a fortnight off, then starts again. Sounds weird, but apparently works for her! This is in combination with caffeine shampoo (I can't remember the brand, but it's in a green bottle) and no heat styling. 
    2020 wins: £30 H&M giftcard, Deciem skincare bundle
  • edited 27 May at 11:35PM
    CompetsophCompetsoph Forumite
    203 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    edited 27 May at 11:35PM
    Hi all,

Just came across this thread and was hoping for some advice. I’m in my mid 20s, relatively stressful job but also an expert worrier and stressor despite living a very stable life, good job, good relationships, no money issues etc.

Approx 10ish weeks ago I had a bit of a meltdown, just a combination of stressful times at work and home and excessive training, dieting and no rest. It was all haulted straight away, a period off the gym and work and lots of TLC from my wonderful boyfriend. At this point my diet did change quite dramatically and due to lockdown I haven’t trained in months. Anyway, over the past 4/5 weeks I’ve noticed my hair is falling out. Not any specific patches, just general throughout my head both on my pillow and when brushing. Also for about the past 8 weeks my hair has been suddenly excessively greasy. 

For context, I have a lot of very fine, flat hair which I colour once every 8 weeks professionally. I limit heat and my hair is in very good condition. I would say I’ve always has greasy hair and skin but not to this extent. I did suddenly change my diet from very healthy, strict high protein to a lack of most things really (I weight train to a high level so usually follow a strict training program and diet). This is unheard of for me in the past, perhaps 7 years, so I agree it was a big change.

The dr tested my bloods and all normal, as expected. Unfortunately worrying about my hair is not helping me to manage my stress, although I am in a hugely better position right now. I was just wondering if anyone else had similar experiences, had any advice for me at a younger age? Hair is such a huge part of our lives and it’s really got to me reading all of your messages. 

I hope you are all staying safe at the moment! 🥰

AIP: 29/02/2020
    VIEWED: 08/06/2020
    OFFER ACCEPTED: 09/06/2020
    MORTGAGE OFFER: 24/06/2020
    EXCHANGE DATE: TBC 🤞🏽
  • MrsStepfordMrsStepford Forumite
    338 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Zinc is essential I think. Hair does react to stress and a big dietary change. Could you incorporate more tinned fish into your diet and eggs ? How about finding an online yoga class ? 
  • CompetsophCompetsoph Forumite
    203 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Zinc is essential I think. Hair does react to stress and a big dietary change. Could you incorporate more tinned fish into your diet and eggs ? How about finding an online yoga class ? 
    I’ve started to include a bit more protein into my diet again, nothing like the levels I was having before, quite difficult seem as we’re not training at the moment. I feel like I’m moving in the right direction.
    I thought the other night it seemed to be slowing down (the loss) but the day after more again! 
    Bloods came back from the doctors as fine. 
    AIP: 29/02/2020
    VIEWED: 08/06/2020
    OFFER ACCEPTED: 09/06/2020
    MORTGAGE OFFER: 24/06/2020
    EXCHANGE DATE: TBC 🤞🏽
  • robertburrellrobertburrell Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    My hair has been getting thinner over the years. Also, patchy spots have developed due to hair loss.. I have tried literally every hair growth solution and treatments. Most products, name it iv tried it. None has had any success. Any success is purely physiological as i was desperate to see any strands that may of appeared. Ultimately nothing has made my hair grow back and iv come to accept it....When I go out with my wife, to parties, bars, meetings with clients I have found a solution that works for me perfectly. It is a temporary hair colorant that I simply use to brush over my thinning and patchy areas in my hair. It covers those areas and makes me look like I have a full head of hair. It lasts all day and does not come up. I don't think this would be for everyone as you literally have to apply it everyday or the days you wish to have a full head of hair and then have to wash it out in the evenings but it does the job for me!  I buy there products from my local hair store and I think they are stocked in hair stores all around the country. Take a look www.hairblend.co.uk

• CharlesRobinsonCharlesRobinson Forumite
    2 posts
    Photogenic First Post
    I am suffering from the hair loss problem from the last 1 year, i live in London, please suggest me the best hair transplant clinic in London. I need the best, affordable, and experienced team of hair treatment. please suggest me fast.