Zooplus

Options
Hi All,

Just to let you know my experience with Zooplus. I used them a couple of times to buy cat food. I decided to try a new flavour and bought a set of 24 - 4 packages of 6. My cats did not like the flavour. I tried to change the unopened packages and they did not want to change it for me. The customer experience was quite poor. No, I will not use them again. I had never written a bad review for any company but they attitude was so shocking that I decided to make people aware.

Comments

• unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 August 2018 at 4:59PM
    Options
    Why buy so many of a new flavour when you don't know if your cat likes it? Jeez!

What was the product would it have been a 4 pack of 6 items as a single item? In which case the purchase has been opened and used.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You cannot return part of a set, only the whole set. As you had opened the set you cannot return it.

You could sell the unopened tins locally or on ebay
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    KintheUK wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just to let you know my experience with Zooplus. I used them a couple of times to buy cat food. I decided to try a new flavour and bought a set of 24 - 4 packages of 6. My cats did not like the flavour. I tried to change the unopened packages and they did not want to change it for me. The customer experience was quite poor. No, I will not use them again. I had never written a bad review for any company but they attitude was so shocking that I decided to make people aware.

Sorry let me translate:

Zooplus didnt bend over backwards for me and now I am annoyed. Terrible company!!!!

Give it to cats protection and get over it...
  • Lucyjoanne
    Options
    Personally, I!!!8217;ve had good things from zooplus. I!!!8217;d only order a small tin for my dog to test her on if it was new, or buy the mix with only the one she likes it. Just like in stores, if it was in a set, they will only refund the set.
  • djp64
    djp64 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another happy Zooplus customer. When trying something new I only buy a small quantity to test it out - we know how contrary cats can be : )

Debbie
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    djp64 wrote: »
    Another happy Zooplus customer. When trying something new I only buy a small quantity to test it out - we know how contrary cats can be : )

Debbie

Especially considering how many trial/taster packs Zooplus does... (yes theyre more expensive, but less expensive than buying 24 and having 24 wasted tins!)
  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Zooplus is fab.

Would you return half eaten human food to asda and expect a refund because you didn!!!8217;t like the taste?
  • Timpu
    Timpu Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've bought a few things off Zooplus over the years and never had a problem with either their products or service.
  • owlet
    owlet Posts: 1,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    To be honest
    a) I wouldn't expect ANY shop to accept a return on food items - they have no way of knowing how it's been stored or what has happened to it.
    b) cats are notoriously fussy & personally, I wouldn't ever buy more than one item of new food for a cat because if they don't like it, they simply will not eat it, ever.
    SPC 8 (2015) #485 TOTAL: £334.65
    SPC 9 (2016) #485 TOTAL £84
    SPC 10 (2017) # 485 TOTAL: £464.80
    SPC 11 (2018) #485
  • welshmoneylover
    Options
    When this happens to me I just bung the extra unused food into either a charity box in the supermarket or the food bank.
    Be happy, it's the greatest wealth :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport