Can you have someone removed from using your address for loans?

Options
2»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Grown adult, unless he is applying for loans in her name there's nothing she can do. Also as he's a grown adult and no doubt wants to be treated like one she needs to leave him to sort his own mess out and stop bailing him out.
  • sparkey1
    sparkey1 Posts: 444 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    CRA reports are based on the person, not the address. Him using the address has no affect on her.

A very long time ago it was different. But not now!
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 August 2018 at 10:59AM
    Options
    If he has no job how does he expect to repay the loans he takes out (maybe he has some savings to pay them off). She definitely needs to stop bailing him out, the sooner she does it the better.

Why is he taking out pay day loans OP ?

Lol @ the triple platinum credit rating.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    If he has no job how does he expect to repay the loans he takes out. She definitely needs to stop bailing him out, the sooner she does it the better.

Lol @ the triple platinum credit rating.

I know, right?

Mine is Quadruple Rubidium Quintuple Plated with sprinkles on top.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

Sorry to say it, but your friend has to stop bailing him out. How is he going to learn to budget responsibly if she keeps baling him out? You could argue that it is time for him to move out and stand on his own two feet...Sink or swim time.

Sorry if I sound harsh :)

Edit: Maybe this could be considered 'irresponsible lending' by a PayDay company and your friend's son may find himself eligible for a refund of some sort...
    Irresponsible how? He lent money, it was paid off, and he lent more money. She does need to stop bailing him out. How is she finding out - is she opening his post or is he telling her about the loans (either verbally or leaving opened letters around).
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    If he's paying it off it won't affect her other than the fact having loan companies bleeding his finances for interest means it'll be longer until he can move out and be independent.

If there's any suggestion he might default on them though, your friend should be sure to keep proof of purchase/ownership of any valuable items in and around the home. If it were ever to end up as an unsatisfied CCJ and the loan company referred it to the High Court, then Bailiffs can remove goods from 'his' address to pay it, unless offered solid proof they don't belong to the debtor.

Although a lot would have to go wrong for it to get this far, and by the sounds of it your friend would probably pay it to bail him out again, but still better to be prepared.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    nic_c wrote: »
    Irresponsible how? He lent money, it was paid off, and he lent more money. She does need to stop bailing him out. How is she finding out - is she opening his post or is he telling her about the loans (either verbally or leaving opened letters around).
    I didn't say it was irresponsible lending. It is my belief that the OPs friends' son is an adult and should be held responsible for his actions. I was referring to the definition of 'irresponsible lending' as per the DebtCamel article, as it may help resolve the problem.

https://debtcamel.co.uk/payday-loan-refunds/
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family