Greenstar stressing me out!!! Taking £1500 out of my account!!!

Options
Sorry this is probably quite a boring story, but I really want to warn others about Greenstar energy (part of Hudson energy). I'm having an absolutely terrible time with them. I'll try and keep it in nutshell: In June I wanted to change to a cheaper supplier so I set it in motion and gave them final meter readings. however, I went on holiday so was about three weeks late in doing so (my bad). Anyway,when I rang to give them the reading they saud, We've actually just estimated you one which you may receive in the post soon - for £1500!!!!

Basically I'd been paying £67 a month. So on the phone, he said, We'll investigate don 't worry. I spoke to my new provider (Utility Point) and they said that they would speak to Greenstar because they were using the meter readings that I had given to start my beginning meter reading. They spoke to them and then they said, its been sorted, we've all agreed on the meter readings that you gave. Greenstar acknowledged that I did not owe them money and that in fact, they owed me £138.

Well that was sorted in July. Since then, they have taken £1500 out of my husbands account TWICE. Yes he has reversed it by liaising with the bank but he has incurred some charges. I have spent hours and hours each time on the phone to greenstar, being "reassured", but this means nothing because it keeps happening. They just tell me not to worry, they'll put the account 'under review' for a month. I keep saying, But WHY do you need to put it under review? You are no longer my supplier and you owe ME money. But they just keep repeating that its under review.

I am pregnant, the money is coming out of my husband's account and he is the main earner and we depend on him. Its' really stressful. I have complained but as yet all I have heard from them is a letter saying "Sorry you have complained, we will be in touch, if it's not resolved in 8 weeks you can contact the Ombudsman."

Anyone else had this problem with this company?? It is so stressful having it hanging over me. I joined Greenstar /Hudson energy because it was on moneysaving expert energy club (I know you don't'recommend' suppliers but please could you warn others????? Especially the elderly.

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you cancel the DD then they cannot take any more payments Did you cancel it prior to them taking the wrong payments?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport