I am struggling

Options
1235»

Comments

• gemini12
    gemini12 Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    Whether someone needs a car or not may depend where they live and how mobile they are. There are may areas of this country who have very little or no public transport these days. Even ignoring grocery shopping they will have Drs appointments etc and certainly for someone suffering from depression being stuck at home with no escape is unlikely to improve their situation. I know the OP hasnt said so but please bear in mind many people with depression find it very difficult to cross their threshold but a car can represent a safe place to retreat to if panic occurs. I speak as the wife of one and the MiL of another depressive/agoraphobic.
  • Anoneemoose
    Anoneemoose Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    gemini12 wrote: »
    Whether someone needs a car or not may depend where they live and how mobile they are. There are may areas of this country who have very little or no public transport these days. Even ignoring grocery shopping they will have Drs appointments etc and certainly for someone suffering from depression being stuck at home with no escape is unlikely to improve their situation. I know the OP hasnt said so but please bear in mind many people with depression find it very difficult to cross their threshold but a car can represent a safe place to retreat to if panic occurs. I speak as the wife of one and the MiL of another depressive/agoraphobic.

I think OP already mentioned they weren’t well or very mobile as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure