Switching to a different supplier

Options
I'm with SSE (dual fuel) on their standard tariff and planning to switch to a different supplier due to the price increase. I entered my kWh usage on MSE Cheap Energy Club and Citizens Advice and these companies came up which I put it all in a spreadsheet for record.

Bulb is highly recommended on here but seeing that they might have another price rise in November (3rd time this year) and with energy prices not getting cheaper, I prefer to have a fixed tariff than variable. Eversmart seems to have the best rates but which supplier would you go for if you were in my position?

imgur.com/QTaLaN1.jpg (Sorry I can't post it as image link as I don't have enough posts to do it)

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    imgur.com/QTaLaN1.jpg

That was a bit of a waste of effort. How do the comparison sites present those as an annual cost based on your actual annual kWh use and how does a higher or lower use change that order ?
  • Skools_Out
    Skools_Out Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Casterina wrote: »
    Bulb is highly recommended on here but ...

I do wonder if they were not to reward those who recommend customers to them with £50 per referral, if they would be so "highly recommended" :cool:

Not quite sure what you are striving to achieve, but a comparison site will tell you the cheapest solution for you. Don't forget to check single fuel tariffs.

If you want price certainty, choose a fixed tariff ... something Bulb do not currently offer.
    If you don't choose a fixed tariff, expect prices to rise sooner rather than later at this time; BG have already started the ball rolling for a second round of price increases.
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,136 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    I am currently with NPower dual fuelfixed until September 2018.

I have put my usage figure to Uswitch and it comes that EON will be the best for me to switch.

But currenlty SSE is offering £100 new customers casback via Topcashback If the cashback is take into consideration then SSE is the best.

I undersatnd the real siwching shoukd take oakce October 1 the earliest date I can do switching.

Could I apply earlier (say early next week) and thell them to do swtiching on October 1 or I will need to wait until close to September 30?

I will appreciate any comment and suggestion.

You can start and switch to any provider when you have less than 49 days left on your fix
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure