Leaving SSE

Options
I'm with SSE (dual fuel) on their standard tariff and planning to switch to a different supplier as they have better rates but was wondering do I need to give my 30 days leave notice and will there be any exit fees?

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You will be able to switch without penalty.

In assessing the benefits make sure you use actual consumption figures in kwh's not £'s.

The general thoughts these days that dual fuel is not the best of options. Use seperate gas and electric comparisons
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • swiftez
    Options
    Robin9 wrote: »
    You will be able to switch without penalty.

In assessing the benefits make sure you use actual consumption figures in kwh's not £'s.

The general thoughts these days that dual fuel is not the best of options. Use seperate gas and electric comparisons
    Thank you for your reply, I have the letter from SSE with my annual kWh usage so I will use that when comparing the rates.

Also, do I need to ring up and give my 30 days leave notice or can I go to the new supplier and they do the switchover?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There is no 30 day notice period with domestic gas / electricity contracts, you simply pick your new supplier and instigate the switch. You do not (need to) inform or involve your old supplier in any of this.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    swiftez wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply, I have the letter from SSE with my annual kWh usage so I will use that when comparing the rates.

Also, do I need to ring up and give my 30 days leave notice or can I go to the new supplier and they do the switchover?

Simply contact your new supplier - they will do everything. They will advise you of changeover dates and request meter readings. SSE will raise a final bill.

I started a switch on 25th June that was completed on 9th July and my credit from the old supplier received 26th July.

Note your new supplier will take its first DD at the beginning of the process so in the first month you will pay both your exisitng and new suppliers.

Do not contact SSE that will only confuse.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport