NPower's misleading 'on track' messages

Options
astroL
astroL Posts: 72 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
We were with NPower for dual supply gas+elec for two years. Each month I submitted meter readings and accepted their 'on track' messages. Sometimes I increased the monthly DD and sometimes decreased it, following their own recommendations. We switched in April during another 'on track' month, only to find them deducting £120 (two months' DD) as a parting shot!

I complained about this but their replies were extremely slow and rather meaningless and rambling, ignoring my actual complaint.

I do not expect to switch to them again. Others should be very cautious about their so-caked 'on track' messages which are clearly meaningless.

Lawrence

Comments

• dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,878 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    n'power are under the cosh by Ofgem to reduce the number of Customer complaints, and have come up with some 'Creative' ways of doing do
    Losing'the Complaint in their system.
    Claiming the Complaint is satisfied when it is not.
    "I'll look into this and call you back" but they never do

Best to WRITE a letter headed Complaint and send it by Royal Mail.
    With this paper trail in play, n'power have to follow the rules - Issue a Ref No. and resolve it in 56 days. If they don't you go directly to the Ombudsman
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    EDF keep automatically reducing my DD's.

They clearly do not know what I am going to use in winter.
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's worth noting that on track does not mean you are not in debt at that moment, just that you are on track to break even at the review point in the year.

If you want on track to mean no debt then you want a company that supports variable monthly dd's. Npower do not as far as I know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure