Advice on insurance claim and change of job

Options
2»

Comments

• rekutt
    rekutt Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I have new for old and it was named as special item on my policy along with our mountain bikes. Each item was down as £2000 so if they do pay out I!!!8217;m hoping to get the full amount.
    The excess is £150 so they said they would take it off the final payment.

I spoke to Dial Direct and they seemed fine with everything. As I had come to them first and told them they were ok.
    As I!!!8217;m still doing the same job but as a freelancer my premium stayed the same too. They did say to ring Integra on Monday and tell them too so fingers crossed ;)
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    New for old doesn't mean that you can expect £2000 in cash for a 9 year old laptop!

You can expect the cost of a similar spec computer though it will be hard to find one with the original spec!
  • paddyandstumpy
    Options
    Dial Direct are a trading name of BISL.
    They are simply brokers, and Integra are the insurers.

I'm sure you'll have new for old cover so subject to the claim being accepted you should get a new laptop.

The only flag they may raise is you claiming for a MacBook 'Pro' as a personal use laptop, given your occupation.
  • rekutt
    Options
    Quentin I hear what your saying but the only 15 inch MacBook Pro Apple do now is over £2000. I!!!8217;m not expecting that plus they have said they will give me a bank transfer not a replacement as they have already asked for my bank detail in the claim. The only way of getting a 15 inch MacBook Pro for less is second hand off Ebay. I!!!8217;d be happy with half of what it!!!8217;s worth to be honest.
  • rekutt
    Options
    Paddyandstumpy.

Again I hear what your saying but my parents have a MacBook Pro as their own personal laptop as they had pc laptops in the past 10 years and they only last 3-4 years before they slow down and have issues.
    The reason I have a MacBook Pro is they are built to last. If you take care of them like we have done then 9 years is worth every penny we paid. That!!!8217;s why my parent have one. Plus there are easy to use ;) The kids still have original iPad minis going strong. I bet they are 5 years old now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure