DHL gripe

Options
2»

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Two excuses...I was told the driver was delayed and the parcel would with me shortly.

Then I was told there had been an attempted delivery - apparently an hour BEFORE they sent the first notification.

The attempted delivery did NOT happen....not only did no one ring my bell, two other people have confirmed there was no attempt at the time stated.

Amazon deliver as standard on a Saturday !!!8230;.as do Hermes

You didnt read anything I wrote evidently.
    You werent given any excuses. You were given
    automated updates.

Neither of us know the reason for that.

Not sure why you are telling me about couriers who deliver on a Saturday,Im more than fully aware.
    However DHL dont and you raised that they didn't deliver on the Saturday.
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 2,879 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    prowla wrote: »
    I used to work for DHL many years ago, but nowadays I wouldn't use them.

I recently had an item delivered by them and they would give a time, so I stayed in the whole day waiting; when it hadn't arrived by the end of the working day, they told me that their "day" was up to 9 at night. It was delivered at 7 and the driver told me he hadn't collected it from the depot til lunchtime.

One of those companies who don't care about their customers and treat them with total disregard.

Not sure that's quite correct - I'm sure they have a high regard for their customers' unwillingness to pay higher prices! So long as online retailers don't lose money over it they'll keep chasing the cheapest barely acceptable service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure