IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Horizon Parking & Sainsbury's

Options

Comments

• Mccrae
    Mccrae Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Hi Recently I too have been the victim of Hodizon Carparking
    Parking Charge Notice following 1 hr overstay site Sainsburys Carpark Blackpool
    I had taken my 8 year old autistic nephew to Blackpool for the day however on arriving he became distressed. I made contact with my Partner who had been making her way to meet me and our nephew. Both me and my partner reside in Southport Blackpool is about 1hr drive.
    Due to nephews distress we agreed to meet in Sainsburys carpark .Both my vehicle and my partners vehicle entered Carpark
    No signage could clearly seen on entering carpark informing if any restrictions
    Once parked we went into sainsburys to get him a drink however due to his unsettled mood we decided to take him for a walk, when walking he became agitated fell and cut his leg, we then made our way to locate a chemist nephew due to his autistic traits will only go to Boots
    Eventually found a Boots chemist
    purchased antiseptic and plasters when treated we took him for a walk got lost eventually made our way back to Car Park.

On approach to payment machine located some distance from exit of carpark and store, my partner put in her registration number she was informed how she could not pay as her vehicle had passed the allotted time ... I did not bother putting my car details in due to Knowing my stay would also be over by the same time..
    We all returned to Speak with Store manager who was not a available store worker showed us to cafeteria whilst she went to seek advice
    On returning she told the store had nothing to do with car parking
    One week later we get two Parking Charge notices to our address
    £70.00 each
    As we explained to store worker we are in two separate vehicles due to my partner joining g me tk help with nephew..
    Mitigation will be sent to Horizon however from what I have been informed they will not take anything as a reason ..
    Although 2 separate vehicles surged it is not rocket Science to look at why two separate vehicles from same address are in the same carpark for the same amount of time should validate mitigation
    We are not refusing to pay for parking however feel £140.00 is excessive even £42.00 x 2 is still excessive..
    Its states on Parki g Charge Notice FAILURE TO PAY / Validate for duration of stay..
    Camara logs in time in and time out...
    Dispite efforts to pay at machine unable to pay due to machine informing exceeded allowed parking time???
    Please advise
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Mccrae wrote: »
    Hi Recently I too have been the victim of Hodizon Carparking
    Parking Charge Notice following 1 hr overstay site Sainsburys Carpark Blackpool
    I had taken my 8 year old autistic nephew to Blackpool for the day however on arriving he became distressed. I made contact with my Partner who had been making her way to meet me and our nephew. Both me and my partner reside in Southport Blackpool is about 1hr drive.
    Due to nephews distress we agreed to meet in Sainsburys carpark .Both my vehicle and my partners vehicle entered Carpark
    No signage could clearly seen on entering carpark informing if any restrictions
    Once parked we went into sainsburys to get him a drink however due to his unsettled mood we decided to take him for a walk, when walking he became agitated fell and cut his leg, we then made our way to locate a chemist nephew due to his autistic traits will only go to Boots
    Eventually found a Boots chemist
    purchased antiseptic and plasters when treated we took him for a walk got lost eventually made our way back to Car Park.

On approach to payment machine located some distance from exit of carpark and store, my partner put in her registration number she was informed how she could not pay as her vehicle had passed the allotted time ... I did not bother putting my car details in due to Knowing my stay would also be over by the same time..
    We all returned to Speak with Store manager who was not a available store worker showed us to cafeteria whilst she went to seek advice
    On returning she told the store had nothing to do with car parking
    One week later we get two Parking Charge notices to our address
    £70.00 each
    As we explained to store worker we are in two separate vehicles due to my partner joining g me tk help with nephew..
    Mitigation will be sent to Horizon however from what I have been informed they will not take anything as a reason ..
    Although 2 separate vehicles surged it is not rocket Science to look at why two separate vehicles from same address are in the same carpark for the same amount of time should validate mitigation
    We are not refusing to pay for parking however feel £140.00 is excessive even £42.00 x 2 is still excessive..
    Its states on Parki g Charge Notice FAILURE TO PAY / Validate for duration of stay..
    Camara logs in time in and time out...
    Dispite efforts to pay at machine unable to pay due to machine informing exceeded allowed parking time???
    Please advise

Please start your own thread and look in the newbie thread for further advise, for example, emailing Sainsbury's etc

The added complication is you have a pcn and your partner has 1

She best start a thread as well, if that is ok by the regulars?
    “You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 September 2020 at 4:14PM
    Options
    Obviously you cover your numberplate when leaving, then.

Also, as the delay was wholly due to the time needed to attend to the injury and distress of a disabled child, the time limit breaches the Equality Act and you need to complain to Sainsburys Head office or CEO, accusing them of indirect discrimination.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Funkybass99
    Options
    My partner parked at Sainsbury Hertford on a Saturday then we went into town for a while.  She realised it was close to three hours, but unexpectedly ended up waiting for her kids to be dropped off to her.  So, I rushed back to move the car, out of breath and wenr into the lobby bit where the machines were cordonned off.  I had obviously rushed in to check out in time but when I saw the machined were not in use I said, 'Oh, us the parking system not iin use?'.. He ansered, 'No, it's all free.'.  So, relieved, I thought there was no hurry to move the car, left it where it was and took my partner's car keys back to her where she was waiting with her kids.  When we then returned to Sainsbury and went in to buy a few extra things from inside, someone aaid there was a three hour limit! The girl I spoke to was quite blunt with me and said, 'The signs clearly state 3 hours' and she wasn't listening to my protests thar the signs also say you have to pay, while at the moment due to the virus you don't.  The manager I spoke to said I could say I spoke to him and tbey would help if we end up with a ticket.  Is this firm currently issuing tickets?  
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Is this firm currently issuing tickets?  
    Yes - and has started issuing court proceedings. If you do receive anything from them, please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, first post, to start you on the process of dealing with it, and if you need further help, please do not respond further on this thread, which belongs to another poster, rather start a new one of your own ..... please. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 23 October 2020 at 3:06PM
    Options
    Please read the NEWBIES thread.
  • Burlstar
    Options
    Just had a letter from these criminals disguised as parking companies. She is being fines £80 for a 4 hour stay.  My wife dropped my son off for the bus station which has a small car park at 7.50am. every morning 2 mins later drove home. Done some shopping else where.... daughter calls to pick her up near the bus station.... she picks her up then goes home.. So the system should have 4 pictures 2 for her entering and 2 for her leaving. So why have thy just chosen the one she left at 12pm?? where are the other two?. My wife has evidence she was else where but this now has to go court to prove it as they say they do not have the other pics. What a waste of time and money and effort. HORIZON should be ashamed of yourselves and why does Sainsburys use this criminal outfit?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Surely you have complained to Sainsburys CEO?  Can be cancelled in hours...
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Burlstar said:
    Just had a letter from these criminals disguised as parking companies. She is being fines £80 for a 4 hour stay.  My wife dropped my son off for the bus station which has a small car park at 7.50am. every morning 2 mins later drove home. Done some shopping else where.... daughter calls to pick her up near the bus station.... she picks her up then goes home.. So the system should have 4 pictures 2 for her entering and 2 for her leaving. So why have thy just chosen the one she left at 12pm?? where are the other two?. My wife has evidence she was else where but this now has to go court to prove it as they say they do not have the other pics. What a waste of time and money and effort. HORIZON should be ashamed of yourselves and why does Sainsburys use this criminal outfit?
    Do Sainsbury's allow use of their car park for bus station drop-offs and pick-ups?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    She is being fines (sic)  £80 for a 4 hour stay ...

It is not a fine, please read the newbies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback