EasyStudio for Samsung E800

Options
Hi folks - has anyone here used the Easystudio software to upload images/ringtones to their Samsung mobile?

I purchased a CD and Data Cable from eBay however the upload icons for melodies and images are both "greyed out" and unclickable.

The software can pick up my phonebook and sim card info - but it just doesn't work for uploads.

Has anyone else ecnountered this problem? And if so - have they been able to fix it?

Thanks!

Comments

• blinky
    blinky Posts: 1,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have uploaded ringtones to a Samsung A800 before but I can't remember if I used Easy Studio or Easy Link. I've got a feeling only one works with that mobile.
    Hug provider for depression thread :grouphug:
    "I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell.." - Unwell by Matchbox Twenty
  • user1234_2
    user1234_2 Posts: 298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Talk on the mobile forums say that yours is not a uncommon problem. Some suggest using an older version of EasyStudio

http://www.mobiledia.com/forum/topic18183.html

I always hated EasyStudio and now only buy Nokias ;)
  • declanmcc
    declanmcc Posts: 412 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the insights guys. I managed to get it working last night after searching some mobile phone forums. I'm a Nokia user myself - it's the missus who uses the Samsung. The CD and Data Cable I bought off eBay will have saved me a fortune as she's always looking to buy ringtones - and of course it's me who ends up shelling out for them!

On Easystudio - the melody to phone and image to phone icons aren't clickable - but if you use the File Transfer icon - you can actually select the folder on your phone to which you want your image or ringtone to go to, e.g. "My Sounds" for ringtones. It works perfectly this way.

Thanks again folks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport