Options

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pinkshoes wrote: »

(Ps - be nice to money savers :D)

Yes poster should of been nicer as i would of .
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Not sure you have a claim other than maybe for your husbands one day lost holiday and even then only if it means you will have to pay one day extra childcare, how much would that be?

take aways were your choice.

we were without a kitchen for nearly 3 weeks a short time ago. we managed with a microwave in the lounge, we may have had the odd take away but thats all
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Your husband had a paid days holiday off work. He obviously had the day off and was paid so what are you claiming for there?
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How long does it take to get into your bank account these days please. I'm a bit out of touch.

It's instant when you pay cash in at the post office.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I didn't know that! Thanks!

You're welcome. It makes life so much easier than schlepping to a bank on the high street, especially if you're lucky enough to have one in a local shop.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 August 2018 at 2:04PM
    Options
    The £200 cash needed to then be paid into my account asap to pay for someone else to fit a floor. This involved a 1 hour round trip in the car to my nearest bank with 4 kids. Not fun.

You have serious financial issues if you don't even have £200 in another account that you could transfer over.

So you have no savings or emergency fund at all!. :eek:
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Your husband had a paid days holiday off work. He obviously had the day off and was paid so what are you claiming for there?

Because all DH's holidays are already accounted for, so he will now need to take a day unpaid in the future. I don't see why we should foot that bill.

So he should have taken it unpaid to avoid an unpaid day further down the line?

I will continue to pursue them for a day of pay lost as this is what will have to happen later this year due to their incompetence.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    takman wrote: »
    You have serious financial issues if you don't even have £200 in another account that you could transfer over.

So you have no savings or emergency fund at all!. :eek:

:rotfl:

If I take £200 from my ISA I cannot transfer it back in.

I guess the general consensus is that a company can give you a shoddy service causing a huge inconvenience but that is ok.

Ah well, will choose a company more carefully next time. One that actually gives a sh*t about their customers...

The company receipt says something about them not being happy until you are, which is so far from the truth it is laughable.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :rotfl:

If I take £200 from my ISA I cannot transfer it back in.

How much interest does that ISA pay?

It's unlikely to be anywhere near the amount that you can get from a current account such as Nationwide where you get 5% interest for a year on balances up to £2,500 where you can take the money out and put it back in as much as you want.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Because all DH's holidays are already accounted for, so he will now need to take a day unpaid in the future. I don't see why we should foot that bill.

So he should have taken it unpaid to avoid an unpaid day further down the line?

I will continue to pursue them for a day of pay lost as this is what will have to happen later this year due to their incompetence.

Pink, the issue is you can claim for actual losses. The fact he has to take a day's unpaid in the future isn't part of this claim. He needs to suffer a loss on this occasion (take a day's unpaid now and keep the holiday is the better scenario). It may not appear to make sense but compensation of this nature is based on actual losses. You have to quantify those losses and whilst there is nothing to stop you asking for £300, no court would uphold the argument put forward about your losses thus far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure