pay tax bill by new credit card

in Credit Cards
2 replies 755 views
Hi, i have a small tax bill of a few £100s, if i find a new credit card with zero % on new purchases, can i use the card for this.
cheers bob


  • sparkey1sparkey1 Forumite
    444 Posts
    As long as it allows a money transfer to a current account. You then use the money you put into your bank account to pay the tax bill.

    HMRC dont accept credit card payments for personal tax bills. They do charge interest, so if you owe them, pay something rather than nothing to keep the interest down.
  • starMstarM Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Link the card to Curve card if you have one and use curve card to make the payment to HMRC.

    I have heard others have done that without any problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides