Forum Home » Small Biz & Charities' MoneySaving

Whats best way to Receive payment from USD?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Whats best way to Receive payment from USD?

9 replies 3.1K views
MangyDogMangyDog Forumite
25 posts
10 Posts First Anniversary
Im currently in negotiation to do a short bit of online work. And the employer is going to pay me in USD.

They originally suggested to do it through PayPal. But I'm trying to find out if there is a better option.

I even checked my banks website, but the only information I could seem to find is about buying currency not exchange on receiving it.

So i need some advice and help, What is the best low cost option? As it appears PayPal charge 2 quid + 3% + 20p+1%? on what ever exchange rate they have picked to use for the day (which I'm almost certain would be favourable to them compared to the xe.com rates)...

Whats my best option?

Replies