15678911»

Comments

• NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 August 2018 at 1:16PM
    Options
    Yep, different generation :money:

Fair enough. There is, of course, a big difference between having the phone on and using it. I was originally responding to your point about not turning phones off when out eating. I would think it quite unusual for people to do that and I, certainly, don't think it is pathetic if they leave them on.

I would say, though, that my partner has a LOT of grandchildren (many different ages 3-27!) and the ones I have been out with for a meal don't use their phones at the table.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone who gives a phone to a 6 year old should hang their heads in shame.

We are currently suffering for a serious social problem due to phone addiction that will only get worse over time.

Some adults can't go out for a meal and leave their phones switched off. It's pathetic

Watch this ( especially around the 1 minute mark )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL8AsaEJDdo

We have created a generation who are unable to live in the real world

I'm not going to hang my head in shame, my daughter had a phone aged 6, some of her friends weren't given phones until they were in their teens at high school. They're all the same. My daughter has been brought up to do as she is asked and knows that it's incredibly rude to sit using a phone when eating out or when at the dinner table at home. Again, it's all down to parenting, not the fact that they have them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure