PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Suspect EA put forward their own buyer on basis they can gazump

Options
13»

Comments

• mrsdaviddickinson
    Options
    We can lower our deposit and go for less LTV you see. And our offer was made based on us getting 10k less than the lowest valuation is put on for X but sell for y.

Anyway, I've learned the hard way you just need to sell first and hope and pray you see a property you like or move into rented if not. It's just moving into rented then lessons what we can save each month.

Now for flyering!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We can lower our deposit and go for less LTV you see.

If you lower your deposit, you will increase your LTV.
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 August 2018 at 9:29AM
    Options

However, don't assume about our finances either. I'm now freelancing and tripled my salary effectively with a lot of demand as well as a fully flexible perm job that allows me to freelance too. We're working on basis of my husband's salary, who has also had a very large pay rise.

I've done nothing of the sort. What you earn is none of anyone's business and I have no interest.

I was pointing out that LTV is not the be-all-and-end-all, which is the only hook you were hanging your hat on, whilst forgetting that your coat was lying on the floor. :o

You mustn't take things so personally. It isn't about slighting you, it is the proper way that things are done and you're learning from it. Have the AIP ready with the affordability, with the offer on the relevant house at the time that you sell. It's irrelevant right now.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • jennhg88
    jennhg88 Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We can lower our deposit and go for less LTV you see. And our offer was made based on us getting 10k less than the lowest valuation is put on for X but sell for y.

Anyway, I've learned the hard way you just need to sell first and hope and pray you see a property you like or move into rented if not. It's just moving into rented then lessons what we can save each month.

Now for flyering!!

It's common sense.
    Better luck next time!
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    if we were their preferred buyer.

Just because people are polite and welcoming doen't mean that you favour you above anybody else. Buying and selling houses is a business transaction. Leave your emotions at home.
  • Grezz24
    Grezz24 Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options

Now for flyering!!

why would you have to move in to rented when you sell, surely thats how chains work, you sell with a proviso you will move out when you get an accepted offer. No need to go into rented.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure