London Theatre Tickets

Options
I'm organising a surprise trip to London for DH's birthday in February and want to incorporate a show (Les Miserables) during our stay. I know if I leave it until the last minute I could bag a bargain but I want to ensure we get a good seat.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a website which sells the tickets at good competitive prices and which tell you what seat you are buying before you actually confirm the purchase?

Comments

• faded_flowers
    Options
    https://www.theatremonkey.com

This has links to the top ticket sites, the latest special offers and 'seats to buy and avoid'. Of the links, seetickets usually provides the best seats (and tells you numbers!) and has a low service charge. I'm buying lord of the rings tickets at the moment and despairing at the lack of money saving! Ah well...
  • annie123
    annie123 Posts: 4,256 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    always look at lastminute.com
    They have upto 50% off for all sorts of shows. they have had Les Miserables in the past.
    They also do some good show and dinner deals.

I agree with faded flowers, always check theatre money for seating plans.
    have a fab time....
  • Sugarcubed
    Options
    Yeap - as annie said lastminute.com

We have used them twice to get a theatre ticket with a meal. Really good :)
    ** Mummy to little Jenna born on 23/12/07 **
    Pigsback - £11.25 (£30 cashed!) •
    • Valued opinions - £5.75 (£0.25 pending) •
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :heartpuls :heartpuls :heartpuls
  • faded_flowers
    Options
    lastminute don't tell you what seats though, do they? That's why I tend to avoid them.
  • brook_son
    brook_son Posts: 5,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    www.theatremonkey.com

This has links to the top ticket sites, the latest special offers and 'seats to buy and avoid'. Of the links, seetickets usually provides the best seats (and tells you numbers!) and has a low service charge. I'm buying lord of the rings tickets at the moment and despairing at the lack of money saving! Ah well...

theatremonkey is great as you can also look at the seat number and what people think - in certain theatres you can cheaper tickets which have a great view.

:dance:Carry on Comping :dance:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    www.theatremonkey.com

This is an absolutely fantastic site. Thanks for telling me about it.

Can I just ask if you think I'm being a little premature looking for tickets now? Would I have more chance of getting better bargains if I left it until just after Christmas?
  • ali1972
    ali1972 Posts: 599 Forumite
    Options
    I'm buying lord of the rings tickets at the moment and despairing at the lack of money saving! Ah well...

Lord of The Rings - you can often get dayseats for £20 if you turn up at box office on the day at 10am, although these may go like hot cakes in the school holidays. If you're looking for as many as 4 seats, however, you can check the deals they do in The Times and The Evening Standard - The Times keep doing deals like 4 for £99 and The Standard do deals from time to time, some of which include dinner.
    Yeah, whatever. I'm a grown up, I can take it...
  • ali1972
    ali1972 Posts: 599 Forumite
    Options
    Pam17 wrote: »
    This is an absolutely fantastic site. Thanks for telling me about it.

Can I just ask if you think I'm being a little premature looking for tickets now? Would I have more chance of getting better bargains if I left it until just after Christmas?

Given that Les Mis has been running for years I would say you can possibly afford to wait a little while, provided it's not school holidays you're booking for. Also depends which night of the week you're going for. If it's a tuesday outside of school holidays for example I would definitely wait. Tuesdays are notoriously quite on long running shows.
    Yeah, whatever. I'm a grown up, I can take it...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure