Options
1234568»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Did you get her to sign a receipt?
  • Karma123
    Options
    Yes he bight for 1 / 10th if it’s value as he knew he could blind side and elderly lady of 80.

That money was needed to support my dads treatment.

All he could think about was himself and how he could make a few pounds.

I believe in karma and eventually it will catch up with you and your son.

You will know when it does and when it does you will regret your conniving vemtictive choices:

We all have choices and EDDIE chose to rob a disband man of his treatment for his own gain.

Let’s hope you don’t havw a stroke a severe as my dads.

I can copy in the court of protection paper work and my dads scans to show how cruel life can be and even more so how cruel people can be like Eddie when others are vulnerable.

Well done. Eddie you must be so proud of yourself:

Just goes to show how you knew you were In the wrong lying and seeking strangers gratification for your dispicable behaviour......

Sleep well
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    ttoli wrote: »
    In which case , things have changed since I left the job

How long ago did you leave ?
    Four years ago we were broken into whilst we slept and they stole my car keys and took the car. My husband was on earlys so saw the car was gone just after 4 am - and called Kent police. The car was pulled over 15 minutes later by the Met so not only was a phonecall enough to get it on the system but also cross forces.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Karma123 wrote: »
    Yes he bight for 1 / 10th if it’s value

He should have paid the same value as if it was in perfect condition?
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 25 November 2018 at 10:39AM
    Options
    Yes he bight for 1 / 10th if it’s value as he knew he could blind side and elderly lady of 80.

That money was needed to support my dads treatment.

All he could think about was himself and how he could make a few pounds.

I believe in karma and eventually it will catch up with you and your son.

You will know when it does and when it does you will regret your conniving vemtictive choices:

We all have choices and EDDIE chose to rob a disband man of his treatment for his own gain.

Let’s hope you don’t havw a stroke a severe as my dads.

I can copy in the court of protection paper work and my dads scans to show how cruel life can be and even more so how cruel people can be like Eddie when others are vulnerable.

Well done. Eddie you must be so proud of yourself:

Just goes to show how you knew you were In the wrong lying and seeking strangers gratification for your dispicable behaviour......

Sleep well
    Your gran didn’t sell it for a tenth of it’s value. It was worth whatever someone was prepared to pay for it in the condition it was in. If you needed the money from its sale to fund your father’s expenses, you had two choices. 1. Sell it for whatever you could get for what was basically a semi-scrap bike, or 2. Spend money on it bringing it up to roadworthy condition and hope that someone would come along and buy it at its roadworthy value.

Your gran chose 1. Had you elected for option 2, there was no guarantee that anyone would buy it even after you’d spent money on it and you'd be worse off. Option 1 at least gave you cash in hand. Option 2 was more speculative.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Given the gran had no right to sell it the simplest solution would be to return the bike and have the gran arrested.

That way the purchaser will have done nothing wrong and the latest poster will have no complaints.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,688 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

He bought it for £300, so do you think it's worth £3000 and can you back that up with anything? By all accounts its been sat unused for at least a year.

If it was indeed waiting to go to scrap, then you got at least £250 more for it than you otherwise would have.

waamo wrote: »
    Given the gran had no right to sell it the simplest solution would be to return the bike and have the gran arrested.

That way the purchaser will have done nothing wrong and the latest poster will have no complaints.

That's true. Assuming the selling party is willing to reimburse the buyer for the time and expense in restoring the bike?
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 November 2018 at 3:40PM
    Options
    Originally Posted by Karma123 viewpost.gif
    Basically EDDIE has robbed a disabled man and an elderly lady.
    What a load of cobblers. Might even be slanderous . .

So your the grand daughter in question :eek:
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Herzlos wrote: »
    He bought it for £300, so do you think it's worth £3000 and can you back that up with anything? By all accounts its been sat unused for at least a year.

If it was indeed waiting to go to scrap, then you got at least £250 more for it than you otherwise would have.

That's true. Assuming the selling party is willing to reimburse the buyer for the time and expense in restoring the bike?

The buyer would be in a good position to sue the seller, especially if they were convicted in criminal proceedings.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure