IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Please HELP! Park with ease/Equita parking ticket

Options
2»

Comments

• coolman9999uk
    Options
    The important word is COULD, doesn't mean it WILL. They are just trying to frighten you - and it seems to be working. Take note of what Umkomaas posted, he is trying to calm you down, read the Newbie section about CCJ and be aware that CCJ's only trash your credit rating/history IF you are awarded one by a County Court AFTER a small claims hearing and ONLY then if you don't pay it within 30 days, so no problem with getting a mortgage or buying a house.

Yeah, thanks. I'm embarrassed to admit it was working.
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    As you haven't communicated with them so far, that's probably the best strategy moving forward. There's nothing you can do to make it go away now. You sit it out, for six years, I'm afraid. What you do have on your side is PWE's failure to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act to invoke keeper liability. So as long as you do not say here or anywhere else who was driving, then they're stuffed.

We have seen some cases of PWE and White Moss (Lowther Estates) progress to court (I think), so make sure you keep ALL paperwork, and watch out for any Letters Before Claim or an actual claim, which you MUST act on.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ^^ Top advice ^^
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport