New Driver - 2 Speeding tickets in a week!

Options

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    No, the scum sucking pond life was suggesting you lied about who was driving for the second offence. Problem with that is that as the Rt Hon Member of Parliament for Peterborough found out this week, that can end up with both of you in court facing a charge of perverting the course of justice and a possible prison sentence.
    Really no need for this .
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,172 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    chrisw wrote: »
    No they don't assume, they always ask the question and you have to answer truthfully. It doesn't usually make any difference.

The OP should double check it, but I had a very similar situation with a multi car policy. As long as all questions are answered truthfully and the named driver is also identified as the main driver on a particular vehicle, there shouldn't be an issue.

The starting questions where they ask you to confirm you are the registered keeper, are a UK resident, haven’t had insurance cancelled etc are called the initial or key assumptions. If he’s accepted the condition that he’s the registered keeper and he isn’t, then neither he, she, nor the car, have a valid policy.

Some policies do allow you to insure someone else’s car but they are going to pick up on very obvious fronting.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Jono987 wrote: »
    No mate never mind, forget I suggested anything. It's just if you were driving on one of the occasions you would both get offered a course and she would not get any points. But she was driving both times so never mind

And the OP would get done for perverting the course of justice. Here's a piece of advice, stop making twattish suggestions that could get people 6 months in jail.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    Options
    McKneff wrote: »
    Really no need for this .

For once I am with Tarambor. We don't often agree with one another. The suggestion made would put both the OP and his/her friend at risk of going to prison. So yes, there really IS need for this. Not just for the sake of the OP and his/her friend, but also for anyone else that might come across this thread and decide it's a good idea.
  • force_ten
    force_ten Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Darth_Spud wrote: »
    Yes it was her driving on both occasions... its her car not mine, I just have her car on my Insurance Policy and her down as an additional driver. I'm sure I would have remembered driving her car near her work place since I've rarely driven her car and I've never driven near her work place. Was this an assumption that I was lying about the situation?

www.rac.co.uk/insurance/car-insurance/what-is-fronting

you might want to re think your insurance arrangements
  • Jono987
    Jono987 Posts: 185 Forumite
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    Problem with that is that as the Rt Hon Member of Parliament for Peterborough found out this week, that can end up with both of you in court facing a charge of perverting the course of justice and a possible prison sentence.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

It's a shame they removed your insult. Guaranteed you wouldn't dare say anything like that to anyone in real life so you have to settle for typing it out on the internet haha. Pleb.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    Jono987 wrote: »
    It's a shame they removed your insult. Guaranteed you wouldn't dare say anything like that to anyone in real life so you have to settle for typing it out on the internet haha. Pleb.
    It's OK. It's quoted above.

And he's right, if indelicate in his phrasing.

Suggesting somebody commits a serious criminal offence instead of accepting the rap for a minor motoring infraction is not laudable behaviour.

BTW, do you not think that insulting somebody in the same breath as complaining about their insult not just a tad hypocritical?
  • Jono987
    Jono987 Posts: 185 Forumite
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    It's OK. It's quoted above.

And he's right, if indelicate in his phrasing.

Suggesting somebody commits a serious criminal offence instead of accepting the rap for a minor motoring infraction is not laudable behaviour.

BTW, do you not think that insulting somebody in the same breath as complaining about their insult not just a tad hypocritical?

I simply asked if he was sure she was driving both times. I think you'll find if you re-read not once did i say 'tell them you were driving one of those times to deliberately mislead them and avoid getting points'.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    Sophistry.

You know EXACTLY why you raised the suggestion, twice, despite the OP saying that she was definitely driving. If there was any doubt as to your intent, why would you "Forget I suggested anything" when challenged...
  • TooManyPoints
    TooManyPoints Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 4 August 2018 at 5:16PM
    Options
    I simply asked if he was sure she was driving both times.

Indeed you did. But there was absolutely no reason for you to raise such a question. The OP gave no indication whatsoever that anybody other than his partner was driving. On the contrary, he made it quite clear in his opening post that she was:
    She was unfamiliar with the route to work and got caught speeding 36 in a 30 twice on 2 different days all within the space of a week. She thought the road was a 40.

There was only one reason why you should have raised such a possibility and that was to incite him to consider following a course of action which would amount to them both Perverting the Course of Justice. On many other forums (one in particular that I know of) not only would such posts be removed but so would your membership.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure